Whats your setup?

Cohiba Stevie

622 members have voted

1. 1. What type of humidor are you using?

2. 2. What type of humification are you using?

• Active (Please specify: Cigar Oasis, Hydra etc.)
    • Passive (Please specify: Heartfelt beads, HCM beads, Boveda, crystals etc.)
    • Basic (distilled water / PG solution with foam humidifier)
    • Other (Please specify with post)
  3. 3. Does your collection mainly consist of

• All singles, unboxed.
    • Mostly singles unboxed, with 1 or 2 boxes
    • Boxes only
    • Mostly boxes, with a few singles in dedicated compartment.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just about full, time to decide what's next. 

Here's my Aristocrat. Two active humidifers on the bottom, three fans and temp controlled. I'd say it works great, although the humidity at to top of the unit is typically 2-3% below the bottom, whe

Think I have posted about my set-up before - here's the details : 90% of my cigars are in inside metal lockers from a German company named Zarges that are water/airtight and those metal lockers are

• 2 weeks later...

I use 2 150 qt coolers with heartfelt beads. The bottoms are lined with a sheet of 1/4 " thick spanish ceader. They have an oust fan and hydrometer. I keep the space they are in around 70 degrees. In dry winter months I put a piece of foam with distilled water in it inside an open ziplock bag to keep the 62% stable. It is not pretty, but is simple and works great for me. I also keep a 100 count desktop for singles. PG solution for it. I like to keep it simple.

• 2 weeks later...

Singles drawer in my Aristocrat

du8avu7u.jpg

First shelf

ebujegam.jpg

Second shelf

vu3u4y2u.jpg

Couldn't get a good pick of the bottom shelf, so this is what it looks like from the front

seqytymy.jpg

Watertight tool box bc it looks better than a cooler and can be used w a lock

redu4u5u.jpg

An extra safe I had at work that we're not using anymore, so I stuffed cigars in there as well. Holds solid at 63% rh just using a few tubes of beads

4amu8ysu.jpg

This is a large Diamond crown humidor w some boxes. Actually have 3 of these humidors in diff colors and each one holds about 3-5 boxes depending on the size of the box

amary6yz.jpg

Run out of space everywhere, so all the jars will be going on shelves in the wine cellar when we move in to the new house, while Bob Staebell makes me a large cabinet. Eventually, we'll demolish the house and do a complete build on a new house. That will allow me to put in a walk in humidor and a smoking lounge, but that won't be for 2-3 years. Need to get all my ducks in order before we can start that project, but the planning begins in January.

That's a great collection. Is the cabinet Aristocrat Plus? I have a very similar cabinet from Bob, only with glass door.

Where do you get these custom labels for your singles? These are looking amazing? And why do you wrap the singles?

Here's my Aristocrat. Two active humidifers on the bottom, three fans and temp controlled. I'd say it works great, although the humidity at to top of the unit is typically 2-3% below the bottom, where the active humidifers are located. I don't think this is a problem with the system as much as it is the fact that the thing is packed full of boxes (and it's actually quite a bit fuller now than in the pic below) and the streams of humid air have a difficult time making it up to the top shelf.

Also, while the internal fans are virtually silent, the humidifers are not and they run quite often. So much so that I wish there was a quieter option. If I were to do this over, in addition to making the unit 2x the size, I would probably ask Bob to find a quieter option for the humidifers even if that option took up more space.

6170928174_a9e145e17a_b.jpg

6170929172_54d8d41c0d_b.jpg

6470351063_d6615e39ec_b.jpg

Ok that's officially the classiest cigar cabinet I've ever seen. Beautiful man... just beautiful.

• Like 1

Here's my Aristocrat. Two active humidifers on the bottom, three fans and temp controlled. I'd say it works great, although the humidity at to top of the unit is typically 2-3% below the bottom, where the active humidifers are located. I don't think this is a problem with the system as much as it is the fact that the thing is packed full of boxes (and it's actually quite a bit fuller now than in the pic below) and the streams of humid air have a difficult time making it up to the top shelf.

Also, while the internal fans are virtually silent, the humidifers are not and they run quite often. So much so that I wish there was a quieter option. If I were to do this over, in addition to making the unit 2x the size, I would probably ask Bob to find a quieter option for the humidifers even if that option took up more space.

The most beautiful humidor I've ever seen.

• 4 weeks later...

Man, I just finished this thread and I cannot believe how beautiful some of your setups are. UBoatCommander, that is just off the charts beautiful....as is yours Habana Mike. And many others as well.

I was initially planning a project with my brother who is a carpenter (and has helped me build a few other things) for a humi, but seeing the Aristocrat......well that is changing things alot.

Two things are certain: I'm subscribing to this thread and will continually watch and secondly, my wife is NOT going to be happy.....lol

Being VERY new to this I only have my unillustrious Tupperware box with a small jar of Xikar gel. rH is great staying around 68% but due to less than average AC the temp will vary from 20 to 30 degrees C. Is this a massive deal? It should be starting to get cooler but there will be some spikes.

I have just ordered a 50 count desktop humidor from a bloke on eBay which brought up another question.

What do people think about purchasing a used humidor?

Fantastic work bugman!

What do you use for humidification?

Thank You.....I use the Cigar Oasis XL Plus. Works like a champ. peace.gif

Very cool, Bugman. Well done; having a self-/home-made piece definitely does up the pleasure-factor of the hobby! Enjoy!

THANK YOU.....peace.gif

This is my first post outside of my introduction; I figured I'd share in what/how I store my cigars. The majority of my collection is in my NewAir 28, and I have two small desktops. One is seasoning right now so that I can turn the other (my first and a glass top) into infused storage. All but two lone sticks are NC. Hey, I'm new. :) I use HF beads in the wineador and (soon) my new desktop, and Boveda in the (soon to be) infused humi. From another forum I am a member in, I've heard my setup is not ideal, as I use 70% beads in the wineador. The desktop holds steady at 66% using 72% Bovedas. But I am new. The 70% in the wineador seems to be going well! but I may switch to 65% in the future. The new desktop will be 65% beads.

• Like 1

This is my humble wineador with cheapie cedar trays and Ultra Pet pearls for humidification just after I finished seasoning, etc. It holds humidity well with about a 3% variance top to bottom and the temp holds very steady. Drawbacks? If the power goes out it defaults to its coldest setting (55F). Not a big deal by itself but when the TEC (thermo-electric cooler) kicks on high it pulls the humidity out of the air, the RH crashes, and the condensation puddles in the bottom. Turning the temp back up cures all of this so it's just an annoyance, For the price it has served me well and I love it!

DSCN0781.jpg

P.S. A tip for anyone going this route,,, I couldn't get the plastic stink out of it to save my life. I tried the crumpled news paper, activated charcoal (the plate on top), etc. Nothing worked to my satisfaction so I took a tip from a friend and scrubbed the whole interior with distilled white vinegar, gave it a wipe down with distilled water, and viola! The plastic-y smell was gone. Just my $.02

This is my humble wineador with cheapie cedar trays and Ultra Pet pearls for humidification just after I finished seasoning, etc. It holds humidity well with about a 3% variance top to bottom and the temp holds very steady. Drawbacks? If the power goes out it defaults to its coldest setting (55F). Not a big deal by itself but when the TEC (thermo-electric cooler) kicks on high it pulls the humidity out of the air, the RH crashes, and the condensation puddles in the bottom. Turning the temp back up cures all of this so it's just an annoyance, For the price it has served me well and I love it!

DSCN0781.jpg

P.S. A tip for anyone going this route,,, I couldn't get the plastic stink out of it to save my life. I tried the crumpled news paper, activated charcoal (the plate on top), etc. Nothing worked to my satisfaction so I took a tip from a friend and scrubbed the whole interior with distilled white vinegar, gave it a wipe down with distilled water, and viola! The plastic-y smell was gone. Just my $.02

love distilled vinegar for the cooler route. did it on mine and it worked like a charm!

• Like 3

Talking watertight, lockable storage. Has anyone tried pelican cases?

All our GPS components come in them so I've access to a few if their worth trying. Can probably snag a few if anyone's interested

Talking watertight, lockable storage. Has anyone tried pelican cases?

All our GPS components come in them so I've access to a few if their worth trying. Can probably snag a few if anyone's interested

Never tried a pelican case. The Herf-a-Dors/Cigar Caddies are relabeled Otter Boxes and seem to work quite well

I'd be interested in seeing the differences with a pelican.

• 4 weeks later...