Whats your setup?

Cohiba Stevie

622 members have voted

1. 1. What type of humidor are you using?

2. 2. What type of humification are you using?

• Active (Please specify: Cigar Oasis, Hydra etc.)
    • Passive (Please specify: Heartfelt beads, HCM beads, Boveda, crystals etc.)
    • Basic (distilled water / PG solution with foam humidifier)
    • Other (Please specify with post)
  3. 3. Does your collection mainly consist of

• All singles, unboxed.
    • Mostly singles unboxed, with 1 or 2 boxes
    • Boxes only
    • Mostly boxes, with a few singles in dedicated compartment.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just about full, time to decide what's next. 

Here's my Aristocrat. Two active humidifers on the bottom, three fans and temp controlled. I'd say it works great, although the humidity at to top of the unit is typically 2-3% below the bottom, whe

Think I have posted about my set-up before - here's the details : 90% of my cigars are in inside metal lockers from a German company named Zarges that are water/airtight and those metal lockers are

Where I live the temp and humidity are very high in the summer. I use a portable A/C and a dehumidifier when needed. For the most part temp is 70 and humidity is 64-67y5uta5a7.jpg

Nice setup mate! Nice stash too!! -Piggy

• Like 1

Nothing special I have 3 humidors a 75 count and 2 20 counts that I got for dirt cheap using boveda 62 for my Cubans and 65 for my Non Cubans and have a Tupperware with 2 shot glasses of distilled water for charging my bovedas once they get crispy,

• 2 weeks later...

I have a NewAir 280E in the office. I built 2 drawers and 2 shelves, and use 1 lb of 65% Heartfelt beds along with a Hydra SM humidifier. I keep a small desktop humidor, which is filled with singles ready to smoke. Here in AZ, the house is 78 deg and outdoors it can be 100 plus for 3 months straight. I think keeping a few sticks at ambient temp allows a little less shock and much better draws when I smoke. Cheers.

Been looking and asking many people were can i find some of those white bands?? Thx.

Send a PM to ginger ninja. I got mine through him and they are fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been looking and asking many people were can i find some of those white bands?? Thx.

Could you not just cut some strips of paper?

I know, not as nice but quick and simple. Plus you're gonna end up tearing them off anyway

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have decided to find a new home for my cigar collection.

Any thoughts, comments, or experience with this company would be greatly appreciated.

The model I have in mind is the "Reliance Contemporary 1000." Black with silver trim and frosted glass on the bottom section.

Thank you for your input.

Maduro.

http://vigilantinc.com/cigarhumidors/display-humidors.php

I have decided to find a new home for my cigar collection.

Any thoughts, comments, or experience with this company would be greatly appreciated.

The model I have in mind is the "Reliance Contemporary 1000." Black with silver trim and frosted glass on the bottom section.

Thank you for your input.

Maduro.

http://vigilantinc.com/cigarhumidors/display-humidors.php

I can't seem to find any reviews on those and can't speak from experience.

You should consider looking at some other options from more well-known and highly regarded manufacturers IMO.

For example, Bob Staebell makes an Aristocrat Plus humidor that holds 50-60 boxes that you could trick out for that same price.

I am still new to collecting/smoking cigars and I am currently using a couple of tupperware type containers with Boveda 69 packets. I am scouring the forums searching for the humidor system that will best suit me. Knowing myself and my hoarding personality I can tell that I am going to need a system at least 6-10 times my current stock, and the search goes on.

Damon

I am still new to collecting/smoking cigars and I am currently using a couple of tupperware type containers with Boveda 69 packets. I am scouring the forums searching for the humidor system that will best suit me. Knowing myself and my hoarding personality I can tell that I am going to need a system at least 6-10 times my current stock, and the search goes on.

Damon

Can't go wrong with an Aristocrat cabinet. Bob builds an unbelievably fine humidor. I've had my M Plus since July and love it. Take my advice and others before me, buy one twice the size you think you will need. I thought my 60 box cabinet would take a long time, if ever, to fill up, but it becomes a passionate game to fill that damned thing up. I'm almost there, and I've only had it for about four months!

Hmm, poll needs a few more options but at least it let e make multiple votes.

Adorini 100 count that I smoke out of. No cooling, 62% boveda packs.

Newair 280e All singles with custom drawers. abut 500 sticks. 2.bs 65% HF beads

Eurocave 250 bottle, nearly all boxes with a few trays for excess singles. 4lbs 65% HF beads and Hydra large with foam remove and replaced with water beads, distilled water only.

1D4_9033-XL.jpg

1D4_9035-XL.jpg

1D4_0598-XL.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

One large desktop that I built myself from solid mahogany. I use heartfelt beads in it but do not need to do much with them, the humidity remains right where I need it with very little intervention, perhaps once every six months.

I keep thinking about expanding but all the cabinets I see look like old peoples furniture and they wouldn't fit in with my smoking lounge while big fridges/wine coolers would be a little too sharp. It's a dilemma!

I have a 250 ct desktop I keep singles in and a 70 qt cooler to hold mainly boxes. In both I use 65% Boveda packs. I am toying with the idea of getting something nicer to hold everything but will probably use that money to keep purchasing cigars!