Live From Humidor - Today 11am

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrates on getting a cab, how big is it going to be? Also, are you going to age any of your boxes?

Not sure the volume of it. It's an old family wine cabinet that was brought over from Cuba. My father (who is a woodworker) is taking out the racks and lining it with Spanish cedar. Should hold more than enough boxes for me. I do plan on aging at least half of what's in there.

Who eats pizza in cali though. Lived there for several years and only had it a handful of times. I felt like the crowd was more into fresh artisan fast foods or cheap hip sushi.

Bring back mosun mondays and wednesdays! Used to be around 15 bucks a meal. Goddamn Oya in boston is 50 bucks a plate. Fml...

Cohiba Robusto - MLO ABR 11 - PE

Price USD$354 AUD$860 includes delivery

Reply to post first, check you were fastest, email Di on [email protected] with full name so we can match you to your cigars.

To those that have more experience than I (I am 2nd yr CC adventurer) -- is there something I am missing with these from the LFTH that they are still available? I have never had one and planned to sit on a box for a while, just b/c it is a CoRo (great reason, I know) and I wanted to try them out over time. I know some have said the younger CoRos have been inconsistent, but is this PE a good opportunity for someone learning and wishing to age and experiment? Or am I better off buying a box from the Czar at regular price and just hope for the best. $$$ is't the concern, but trying to decipher the any possible difference in quality (and I have viewed Czars video explanation of how he selects the grades). Cheers & Thanks for your input.

Who eats pizza in cali though. Lived there for several years and only had it a handful of times. I felt like the crowd was more into fresh artisan fast foods or cheap hip sushi.

Bring back mosun mondays and wednesdays! Used to be around 15 bucks a meal. Goddamn Oya in boston is 50 bucks a plate. Fml...

My favorite is a Pizza My Heart in San Jose, and I live on the east coast.

To those that have more experience than I (I am 2nd yr CC adventurer) -- is there something I am missing with these from the LFTH that they are still available? I have never had one and planned to sit on a box for a while, just b/c it is a CoRo (great reason, I know) and I wanted to try them out over time. I know some have said the younger CoRos have been inconsistent, but is this PE a good opportunity for someone learning and wishing to age and experiment? Or am I better off buying a box from the Czar at regular price and just hope for the best. $$$ is't the concern, but trying to decipher the any possible difference in quality (and I have viewed Czars video explanation of how he selects the grades). Cheers & Thanks for your input.

There is nothing wrong with them they are just expensive which is just one of the reasons that they don't move quickly like psd4s. Another is current forum buzz which is all about other stock which are smoking well and lots of talk about other sticks which has taken the spotlight off the coro which is just amazing when on. Those coupled with the time they need and some inconsistency is the reason they're available. If Rob has chosen them then I think they would be a good start and if you like cohiba then you'll be fine. One of my fav robustos though I haven't had one in a long time, will crack my 09 box in a couple of years.

There is nothing wrong with them they are just expensive which is just one of the reasons that they don't move quickly like psd4s. Another is current forum buzz which is all about other stock which are smoking well and lots of talk about other sticks which has taken the spotlight off the coro which is just amazing when on. Those coupled with the time they need and some inconsistency is the reason they're available. If Rob has chosen them then I think they would be a good start and if you like cohiba then you'll be fine. One of my fav robustos though I haven't had one in a long time, will crack my 09 box in a couple of years.

There are a couple of things I would never purchase blind. CORO, Monte 2, Monte 4, head the list. If they are presented here then they are boxes I would purchase for myself. To me it is the the question I always ask ( be they PSp, HQ, PE). Would I spend my own coin on these.

Would I spend my own coin on these.

And that is precisely why you're my exclusive CC dealer. I absolutely appreciate the fact that you take the time to look these over as you do. You provide an outstanding service and I'm a firm believer in the notion of getting what I pay for. Life's too short to smoke anything by great cigars, drink cheap booze, or shoot crappy guns. :)

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

There are a couple of things I would never purchase blind. CORO, Monte 2, Monte 4, head the list. If they are presented here then they are boxes I would purchase for myself. To me it is the the question I always ask ( be they PSp, HQ, PE). Would I spend my own coin on these.

And that is precisely why you're my exclusive CC dealer. I absolutely appreciate the fact that you take the time to look these over as you do. You provide an outstanding service and I'm a firm believer in the notion of getting what I pay for. Life's too short to smoke anything by great cigars, drink cheap booze, or shoot crappy guns. :)

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

+ 10000000000000000.

I agree wholeheartedly with the above, especially with the sticks that Rob mentions. Very much agreed with all this.

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

Very well said! I completly agree!

Not sure the volume of it. It's an old family wine cabinet that was brought over from Cuba. My father (who is a woodworker) is taking out the racks and lining it with Spanish cedar. Should hold more than enough boxes for me. I do plan on aging at least half of what's in there.

Wow Joey that seems nice, so a family heirloome then? Take care of that especially if it been handed down. If you dont mind take pic's and share when its all finished, then another when its fool...

Manny

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

This may be the post that most resembles my own philosophy. I stumbled upon Rob and his great group of people after smoking my first CC on my honeymoon (I knew I would never be the same after that night). I will ALWAYS pay for great customer service from companies that believe retaining customers is easier than finding new clients. And, now that I know some of my errors, I will work to correct them, such as not smoking crap any longer (I already had a taste for fine liquor and quality firearms).

Now, if only my wife had the same demanding standards for the man in her life. Oh well, her loss is my gain! :yes: