What kind of wheels do you have?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bolivr, cool ride. I actually like the colour - very unique! It would actually be a beautiful colour as well, I'd think, on a nice motorcycle with lots of chrome and black. Quite the colour there.

Hey CanuckSARTech, thanks, yeah the colour is interesting without being too lairy. It sure would look great on a motorcycle. I kind of got this car by accident after wifey re-modeled the front of the previous one by applying it forcefully into the back of a Landcruiser. :mellow: It was fixed but to me was never quite the same. <_<

post-4065-0-00441800-1329900124.jpg

bolivar she didn't hit it hard enough :covereyes: , but hope she was fine, my wife had some old lady pull out in front of her and our mazda was like that but the impact made her break the interior, they wrote it off, contacted mazda and asked why no airbags go off they say impact was not quiet hard enough all crumple zones worked perfect if had gone a lil harder it would have gone off, i was confussed :confused:

an 11' Rav 4- they freakin gave it to me for $230/month for 39 months including all maintenance. Sexy it aint but she is cheap and i dont have to worry about ****. I just had to buy new tires for my wifes 10' Mini Cooper S and those run flats arent cheap!

Have I mentioned I live near the beach just a few blocks from my shop so I don't own a car down here? Most strangely liberating thing not owning a car.

Most annoying thing is having my motorcycles stuck in the states.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=20.631693,-87.070780

I was able to buy my dream car last year...1997 Porsche 911 C2S. I guess that means I am officially in a my mid life crisis. :blink:

If I ever get a second go around, I'd defiantly shoot for something similar.

5 years ago I purchased a 1987 928S4, manual (only about 500 manual made it into the US for 1987), with about 40K miles on it. Its my summer ride. Even though it's nearly 25 years old its lines don't date it one year... in my opinion. I tell ya, a lot of other drivers on the road drive like ass's around me LOL It's a joy to drive, although since it doesn't have LATCH for child seat its days are really numbered LOL It's pretty much stock, I wanted to keep it that way. I work on it when I can although it's engine is packed SO tight, it needs to be worked on a lift which is hard for me to get access to. Parts are discontinued, some enthusiast companies have parts but they get more and more expensive each year. The feel of the V8 taking second gear up to near 90MPH is exhilarating to say the least.

post-6952-0-96007900-1329959477.jpeg

post-6952-0-64368500-1329959490.jpeg

post-6952-0-41407100-1329959504.jpeg

post-6952-0-06475500-1329959516.jpeg

993? Last of the air cooled. Classic. Quite a ***** to maintain

I did a lot of research before buying a 993 and was worried a bit about the maintenance cost but so far ( knock on wood ) so good. Also the car has only 15,000 miles on it and the last owner treated it as a garage queen.

If I ever get a second go around, I'd defiantly shoot for something similar.

5 years ago I purchased a 1987 928S4, manual (only about 500 manual made it into the US for 1987), with about 40K miles on it. Its my summer ride. Even though it's nearly 25 years old its lines don't date it one year... in my opinion. I tell ya, a lot of other drivers on the road drive like ass's around me LOL It's a joy to drive, although since it doesn't have LATCH for child seat its days are really numbered LOL It's pretty much stock, I wanted to keep it that way. I work on it when I can although it's engine is packed SO tight, it needs to be worked on a lift which is hard for me to get access to. Parts are discontinued, some enthusiast companies have parts but they get more and more expensive each year. The feel of the V8 taking second gear up to near 90MPH is exhilarating to say the least.

post-6952-0-96007900-1329959477.jpeg

post-6952-0-64368500-1329959490.jpeg

post-6952-0-41407100-1329959504.jpeg

post-6952-0-06475500-1329959516.jpeg

Beautiful Porsche DBone. I have a friend that is dying to purchase a 928..he would love yours. My friend has always wanted one since watching the movie Risky Business many years ago.

bolivar she didn't hit it hard enough :covereyes: , but hope she was fine, my wife had some old lady pull out in front of her and our mazda was like that but the impact made her break the interior, they wrote it off, contacted mazda and asked why no airbags go off they say impact was not quiet hard enough all crumple zones worked perfect if had gone a lil harder it would have gone off, i was confussed :confused:

No worries Duane, airbags stayed unpopped in the red one, she's fine, embarrassed though as she was reaching for her handbag!!. I understand there is a hierarchy in the airbag sensor calibration because most people in Aus use a seat-belt, that is the primary restraint and then the crumple zones then if they crush at a high enough rate (when all turns to shite) the airbags fire. In the US, some states have less seatbelt use and so the airbags are set for smaller impacts.

Airbags going off are a nasty experience but it sounds like it was a hard hit still Hope she's ok. If the hit was slightly off-set that can reduce the likelihood of the airbags going off.

Dbone very nice :thumbsup:

Quantim0: hope you are enjoying that mighty machine :yes:

So good to see car enthusiasts here B)

:D

Hellz no, my '07 Mustang GT. I'd rather push a Ford than drive a Chevy ... unless it's a Z06 or ZR1 :D

There must be a lot of people that feel that way cause I do see a few being pushed. :lol:

Guest robusto101

I was able to buy my dream car last year...1997 Porsche 911 C2S. I guess that means I am officially in a my mid life crisis. :blink:

The 993's were some of the sweetest models produced. Nice ride.