What kind of wheels do you have?

I mentioned them earlier but here are pics of my rides.

09 Harley Davidson Softail Crossbones

post-9066-13302354385095.jpg

81 Honda CB750k Cafe Racer

post-9066-13302354228654.jpg

Sold my 03 Lincoln Navigator before the move to Mexico.

Had a 2012 Vento Hot Rod scooter that I bought here in Mexico. Don't have pics of it, and I will save you the trouble of seeing pics of the severe road rash and broken leg I received when I wrecked it. Sold it. Was back in Texas one week after the cast came off and even though I couldn't walk well due to ligament and other damage, was back riding my Harley again.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=20.631730,-87.070539

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the cafe racer. Did you build it?

Partially. This pic isn't current. I stripped off the giant gauge pack, large switches and installed a gripace system to consolidate all switching and start buttons into a four button rubber strip installed in the left grip (very cool, google it) and smaller 1.5 inch gauges, new clubman bars, and a few other things. The bike is unfortunately in a state of rebuild in my garage back in Texas. I ran outta time before I moved to Mexico and still need some work on the wiring harness, put tank and seat back. I'm going to significantly open up the area under the seat including removing the panels, relocating the battery, etc to have a more open look behind the four carbs and under the seat revealing the frame. I plan to also put rear sets on the bike and repaint it matte black.

It's a fun bike. So light compared to my Harley.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=20.631691,-87.070603

And, the fun play toy (no pics) is a joint enjoyment with my parents, a 2003 BMW Z3 roadster (silver convertable). That thing is all guts - tiny little cruiser, with a HUGE V-8 to it, pure power.

Sorry....no Bugatti's for me.... :(

A Z3 with a V-8 in it?!? Details????

I drive a 2002 gmc truck and wife has 07 escalade . Which it just smoked itself, valve spring broke and dropped a valve. Needless to say its only a couple grand more and I'm going to have a new engine with 160,000 km warranty. But it is still a 7 grand hit I didn't need to take.

I also have my first vehicle, a 1992 ford t bird ,with a competitive sound quality stereo (which is worth more than the car)

Also the work truck 2012 ford f450 v10, gas guzzler. Will get pics up soon.

Sorry to hear about the Escalade- they're generally pretty good trucks, that's the first I've ever heard kill itself.

Well, well well. We're on the fourth page and I am the first to post an Aussie car. :lookaround: Here's my model year 2011 Holden SV6 Sportwagon. The colour is called poison ivy and is kind of cool how it changes as the light falls on it...

I wish we got the wagon version. That's a sweet car.

If I ever get a second go around, I'd defiantly shoot for something similar.

5 years ago I purchased a 1987 928S4, manual (only about 500 manual made it into the US for 1987), with about 40K miles on it. Its my summer ride. Even though it's nearly 25 years old its lines don't date it one year... in my opinion. I tell ya, a lot of other drivers on the road drive like ass's around me LOL It's a joy to drive, although since it doesn't have LATCH for child seat its days are really numbered LOL It's pretty much stock, I wanted to keep it that way. I work on it when I can although it's engine is packed SO tight, it needs to be worked on a lift which is hard for me to get access to. Parts are discontinued, some enthusiast companies have parts but they get more and more expensive each year. The feel of the V8 taking second gear up to near 90MPH is exhilarating to say the least.

I love 928s- very nice car!

2011 Infiniti M56S

That Infiniti must be a beast with that engine in it.

Surprising number of people with bikes.

1977 Suzuki GS400, chopped. I rebuilt the top end (first time rebuilding an engine), made the seat, raised the bars, etc. Good fun.

post-6690-0-55148700-1330357238.jpg

post-6690-0-89744800-1330357283.jpg

1989 Hilux Surf (grey market from Japan). Converted to run on vegetable oil or diesel for fuel. Also good fun, but won't start this morning (-15*C) so I am writing this post while it warms up on the coolant heater!

post-6690-0-68018600-1330357672.jpg

That Infiniti must be a beast with that engine in it.

5.6L V8, 420 HP with factory installed aerodynamic package. I've got her up to 140 mph and she was ready for more, unfortunately I wasn't... My wife says that since Nissan helps pay the bills that I shouldn't be commenting on other vehicles, but I do love all the Porsches that everyone has shared.

I absolutely drool over the new 911's and from what I've read you no longer need to be a stunt car driver in order to keep the back side of the vehicle pointed in the right direction. I'd love to hear from someone that's test driven a new 2012 and can compare it against an older model.

yla4p.jpg

I've got a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 9 (stage 1 mod), 996 Carrera and a 360 Modena. Technically the Porsche is my moms and the 360 my dads.

Choice! Pics, please.

I had the "pleasure" of driving a 360 convertible once, but never got it out of second gear. Worse than blue balls

Love the M Coupe!!! Been a Bimmer guy for a long time.

I hear ya, man - my first ride at 17 was an '81 E21 320i. That brand's got me hooked.

Have you got one right now?

Those are some crazy bikes, man. I bet you couuld build a wicked-cool cafe racer, eh? :)

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

Those are some crazy bikes, man. I bet you couuld build a wicked-cool cafe racer, eh? :)

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

Funny you should mention that. I have the stock 96" motor from the Ultra sitting in the garage looking for a project. Was looking at frames a couple weeks ago trying to figure out how to fit a "A" motor into a cafe frame. Riding season is about to start so that will be a next winter project!

Nice Advatar ( Go Wings) Born and raised in the D, living in exile in Chicago and missing my Red Wings.

Funny you should mention that. I have the stock 96" motor from the Ultra sitting in the garage looking for a project. Was looking at frames a couple weeks ago trying to figure out how to fit a "A" motor into a cafe frame. Riding season is about to start so that will be a next winter project!

Well... be sure to post pics of the project when you get around to it. Would definitely be neat to see.

Nice Advatar ( Go Wings) Born and raised in the D, living in exile in Chicago and missing my Red Wings.

My condolences, friend. I don't hate the Hawks (gotta love all of the Original Six teams), but you couldn't pay me enough to live in Chi-Town. If you're living in exile... hmm... had to be a woman involved somehow. :D

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

Me: 06 Infiniti G35 Sedan, Aero pkg 6sp manual, White.

Her: 11 Toyota Camry, base 6sp manual, Black

Son: 05 Dodge Durango Limited with Hemi. Blue, has 102k miles.

Infiniti with manual tranny and traction control off is hilarious.

Camry is kinda fun but was cheap as hell brand new and gets 30+ mpg

Dodge has no ac(bad evaporator) gets 14 mpg but he drives it about 200 miles a week at most.

I hear ya, man - my first ride at 17 was an '81 E21 320i. That brand's got me hooked.

Have you got one right now?

Yes sir. Picked up an X6M in Sept 2010 (picture attached). It's one of those cars you either love or hate. We absolutely love it. We've also been awaiting for the arrival of the 2013 M5; the M car I've been dreaming about.

post-6454-0-16426600-1331087208.jpg