Review: Cohiba 1966 2011 RE

While in Mexico this past December, I brought along a dozen plus cigars. I decided to review two in a different way. I would smoke and illustrate what I was seeing and tasting. The result is a mixed media review using drawing pencils, water colour paint, the original bands and in the case of the Cohiba 1966, the pigtail cap. wink.gif (when scanning it left a shadow,that is not pencil smudge)

I hope you enjoy it.

rolleyes.gif Please note. Title says RE, should be LE. Can't change it.

post-6763-0-19236600-1329606365.jpg

Wow thats a really great review, not the norm but very creative. Loved it Bundwallah WD!!!

Yet to sample the 1966 as yet but looking forward to it.

Sharks

Thanks for the feedback folks. It wasn't a terrible cigar. I expected more. Having been blown away by the BHK54 and 56 to a degree I just found this to be a bit of a letdown. It is however, the only 1966 I smoked. There's still a whole box to go. I'll sample them a bit more and see how they differ from the first. It could be very possible I had the dud in the box. dry.gif

Awesome Visuals! :thumbsup: Frank, I agree with you on the 1966 being a lit down. However, I have smoked them right off the truck when they arrived here in Bahrain. I am still in for a box though and hope they end up turning into something special like the Montencristo Sublimes (They too were not all that when they first came out)

I enjoyed your take on a review. Always good to see something fresh. I also have to say the drawing in the upper right hand of the paper, which apparently is supposed to be the smoke coming off the cigar appears to me like a ghost's face! But then again, maybe I shouldn't be watching scary movies too late at night.

As far as the burn and flavors are concerned, I'm wondering if the cigar was too wet? Either from storage conditions or ambient, being in Mexico. Did you have a chance to dry box it? I don't normally dry box cigars, but maybe that would be something to consider the next time you smoke a 1966.

Great review!

• 4 weeks later...

Had my first 1966. Was very similar to Bundwallah's experience - leather, wood, spice, pepper - some caramel after the first half, but pretty muted. Left much to be desired in my opinion, given the price :rolleyes: