Recommended TV series

KurtE

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just started watching justified, don't mind it at all.

Archer. Absolutely hilarious!

Penny dreadful gets a vote from me. Silicon Valley is quite funny

• 1 month later...

The Wire is the best television show there has ever been by miles. Unlike a lot of fans of the show, I would not describe it as being more realistic than other cop shows. Instead, I think it dramatizes things that no other TV show does, at least in US TV.

^^^^

"Oh, indeed"

The Bridge.

Current Swedish/Danish collaboration, very much in the style of Wallander and the Killing...the original one.

More moody Scando stuff, with general grim criminality, and coppers who's personal lifes are a mess...

Good series.

• 5 months later...

Homeland !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friday Night Lights

Boardwalk Empire

The Newsroom

The Borgias

Game of Thrones

Spartacus

Rules of Engagement

New Girl

Parks and Recreation

The Inbetweeners gets my vote. An absolute crack up

You're talking about the original UK version, right?

I watched two episodes of the new series airing in the US. American actors but that's the only thing that differs from the UK version. Names, stories, conversations are exactly the same. It felt like Justin Beiber making a cover of "hey jude". Also, they made a movie out of the UK one. Brilliant!

The newsroom is probably my favorite show right now, and possibly ever.

Perhaps the closest runner-up got discontinued after one helluva first season. Fans went crazy and got them to air seven more episodes. However those seven comprimated episodes sucked. I'm talking about Jericho.

Guest Chastroboy

The Rome series that had been on HBO was great. (even if Cicero came off a little weak)

If this was another forum I would recommend a comic book series called Sandman by Neil Gaiman but I'm kind of guessing not too many here follow that sort of thing.

Just finished season 1 with my dad, we can't wait to start the first 3 episodes of season 2! One hell of a good drama.

Yeah I started watching the first season after having them all already downloaded on demand, and couldn't turn it off. I watched every episode in 16 hours.

The Rome series that had been on HBO was great. (even if Cicero came off a little weak)

If this was another forum I would recommend a comic book series called Sandman by Neil Gaiman but I'm kind of guessing not too many here follow that sort of thing.

Don't be so sure. I have been reading Gaiman for years....

I have American Gods on my kindle and I need to get to it.......