Recommended TV series

KurtE

I strongly recommend all seasons of 24..... You should watching them in order, of course. A great classic.

In a second line, The Sopranos, The West Wing and Two and a Half Man, with Charlie.... obviously

Finally, Lost and Big Band Theory

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just started watching justified, don't mind it at all.

Archer. Absolutely hilarious!

Penny dreadful gets a vote from me. Silicon Valley is quite funny

• 1 month later...

Another vote for House of Cards. I'm a huge fan of West Wing, but this is a different beast. Edgier and more backroom dealings. Only up to episode 6, but it has me hooked.

I still think West Wing is one of the best shows ever though.

Another vote for House of Cards. I'm a huge fan of West Wing, but this is a different beast. Edgier and more backroom dealings. Only up to episode 6, but it has me hooked.

I still think West Wing is one of the best shows ever though.

west wing was fabulous tv.

not seen the new house of cards but did watch the original with ian richardson recently. wonderful stuff, though a smidge dated inevitably. i'll be fascinated to see how it transfers to the american political scene.

I'm having so much trouble picking a new TV series to watch. My favourite all time shows are Oz and Six Feet Under. I also enjoyed Dexter. Some people have suggested Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones and The Wire. Interested to hear some suggestions.

Mad Men

Game of Thrones

Breaking Bad

House of Cards

Deadwood

Dexter

EDIT: I just realized how old this topic is. Hopefully you're still looking for stuff to watch!

• 1 month later...

Ray Donovan is the truth, one of the best new shows of 2013, highest rating premier for Showtime ever.

Magic City and Newsroom are on rotating for me at the moment.

Does anyone else here watch/heard of Suits? It's a US show that I got introduced to it about a month ago. I churned though the first 2 seasons in about 2 weeks and have been seriously enjoying it.

Everybody keeps telling me how great that shows is, but after watching the first episode I was really disappointed. I found it extremely predictable and it felt like the threw in a lot of different things from other shows. Feel the same way about Chuck.

Anyone check out Ray Donovan? That show has a lot going on, but if it polishes up the overall arc a bit, it might become a huge hit.

*EDIT* I see Davidsan beat me to Ray Donovan by a minute :D

Everybody keeps telling me how great that shows is, but after watching the first episode I was really disappointed. I found it extremely predictable and it felt like the threw in a lot of different things from other shows. Feel the same way about Chuck.

Oh really? Did you watch any more than the pilot? I think Suits gets the job done, and later into the season the predictability goes out the window... Also that and the fact that there are ridiculously attractive corporate women in it. Anyone who has watched surely has to agree that Meghan Markle (plays Rachel Zane) is unbelievably sexy love.gif

What kind of things do you think it used from other TV shows?

Ray Donovan is the truth, one of the best new shows of 2013, highest rating premier for Showtime ever.

Anyone check out Ray Donovan? That show has a lot going on, but if it polishes up the overall arc a bit, it might become a huge hit.

*EDIT* I see Davidsan beat me to Ray Donovan by a minute biggrin.png

I might have to check this out when I get the time, two good reviews already

Ray Donovan is the ****!!!!

• 1 month later...

Bump:

Update

I already proclaimed Ray Donovan to be pure Gold

The Blacklist is pretty damn good too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm having so much trouble picking a new TV series to watch. My favourite all time shows are Oz and Six Feet Under. I also enjoyed Dexter. Some people have suggested Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones and The Wire. Interested to hear some suggestions.

If your into Sci Fi then "Firefly" is epic followed by its movie "Serenity".

The new series of Sherlock Holes with Benedict Cumberbatch is superb!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

House of cards,Kevin spacey. The most riveting tv series since breakin bad. So critics says the best political show since west wing. I haven't seen west wing but I thought this was awesome.

Incredible show - recently hooked. Spacey is exceptional, and his fellow cast support him brilliantly. I'm a huge fan :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm loving Sons of Anarchy at the moment. Plenty of cigar smoking going on in it!