I´ve only read about these. Would love to try them. A PM with contact info would be highly appreciated

Same here. Would love to learn more about them and how to get some. PM with contact info as well. Thanks!!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

tmac77....Santos is not in Nicaragua and has never been there. The past year he was in and out of Kuala Lampur, Malaysia. Initially in a Best Western as a house roller and subsequently La Baca, in The

I will let you all decide but my two cents: 1. I have met John in person numerous times, fantastic dude 2. I have seen pics with John and Santos together in Cuba many times over the past 4 years sin

All I know is like any cigar, you have ones you love and ones you can take or leave. I can honestly say I think Johns cigars are some of the tastiest cigars around, no matter what kind of tobacco he s

I kept hearing his name alot but I can't find any info about him on the internet, can anyone fill me in w/ more info?

+1 all this talk has me wanting to try some out

Please pm a member who knows if you are interested in trying. No need to keep pumping this product/thread for that reason...

I tried a lancero of this a couple years back and thought it was ok. Only aspect i liked about it was that it tasted honest. If that makes any sense.

Please pm a member who knows if you are interested in trying. No need to keep pumping this product/thread for that reason...

I've read more than one post saying do not PM members asking for sources. That's why i was asking for info so members who feel so inclined could PM me. So which is it? PM or be PM'd?

I hate rules.

What about doing a research? Google is your friend…

Google didn't do anything for me. I found a bunch of other forums talking about the cigars and reviews, etc... but I couldn't find anything that talked about pricing, where to acquire, etc. I didn't spend all day scouring the web, but I'm a rather savvy computer user, so if I can't find what I'm looking for in the first two pages of hits I stop caring and move on with my life.

~ Greg ~

• Like 1

Anyone interested in more info about J-O can PM me... I won't bite, or get mad. Just don't PM me asking for sources for commercially available brands, because that is why we have our hosts.

I've read more than one post saying do not PM members asking for sources. That's why i was asking for info so members who feel so inclined could PM me. So which is it? PM or be PM'd?

I hate rules.

It's supposed to be PM to members for sources and prices, not open discussion. It's in the forum guidelines.

It's usually easier to say, "I'm looking to get ahold of XXXXX cigar/box/whatever. If anyone can help out, please PM me." That way, you're not sending out dozens of unsolicited PMs to those who might not directly know.

Just my two cents, unsolicited as it may be.

I've picked up a few bundles and 5ers of different sizes and found them to not be worth the price. After the one bundle of shorts that I went through I can honestly say that I wish I would have spent less money for a box of party shorts or boli pc's. I was told that the world famous roller was santos.

One thing worth mentioning, make sure and freeze these before putting them into your humidor. The only bettles I've ever seen were from a 5er of Johnny o lanceros--luckily I had these in sealed ziplock bags so the bettles went no further.

Feel free to PM me if you want more info.

A fellow Husky! Sweet! I grew up in Ballard - graduated from the UDub back in 1996. Just in time for Billy Joe Hobert to completely screw us over.

Cougs suck! :)

~ Greg ~

They are average IMO. I enjoyed them when they were fresh as they were my first freshies. During their sick period they were pretty bad but that was expected. Now, after a year and 3 months they are about average. I got the robusto size with the darker wrappers. They're not bad, but i wouldnt buy them again just because i would rather spend the money for the quality and peace of mind that the czar offers.

• 1 year later...

I've smoked 2 that were given to me in a trade so I am no aficionado by any means but they were fine/decent smokes. They were not great nor were they bad. They were run of the mill $6 cigars. That being said, I would much rather purchase from the recent daily specials and get $5 Monte's or $6 Parti D4's all day long.

Hide them away for 2 years after purchase and the blossom beautifully, 5 years are you are really in for a treat

I was told that the names of his cigars are a nod towards the regular cigars that the rollers put their own take on

Eg 1966-1966

Genios-Cohiba genios

Mag 47 -upmann mag 46

Not sure on if it's true or not though

• Like 1

Hide them away for 2 years after purchase and the blossom beautifully, 5 years are you are really in for a treat

I was told that the names of his cigars are a nod towards the regular cigars that the rollers put their own take on

Eg 1966-1966

Genios-Cohiba genios

Mag 47 -upmann mag 46

Not sure on if it's true or not though

I'd say that's pretty accurate

The sizes tend to be pretty close to the vitolas of the cigars they are named after

I told myself if I like a couple of the sticks I bought last year I'd buy another couple of bundles around this time every year to see how they progress

Considering the price, its hard to go wrong with them

I've picked up some Lanceros in January. Smoked two in a fair amount of time. Enjoyed every inch of each one. Also have some of his "flying pigs" resting comfortably. His custom mades are great fresh or after several months of nap time. Definitely worth a try if you're interested in trying something unique and beyond the norm. :)

Benn smoking Johnny's stuff since '04. Baby Salamones are my definite favorite...especially when Johnny can get me the ones with lighter wrappers. Good guy...good cigars IMO smile.gif

^^^ This and lay off my BS. Good thing you like the light wrappers as I am taking the dark ones. Aging is the key for these as is for most customes.

John is the best.