• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

tmac77....Santos is not in Nicaragua and has never been there. The past year he was in and out of Kuala Lampur, Malaysia. Initially in a Best Western as a house roller and subsequently La Baca, in The

I will let you all decide but my two cents: 1. I have met John in person numerous times, fantastic dude 2. I have seen pics with John and Santos together in Cuba many times over the past 4 years sin

All I know is like any cigar, you have ones you love and ones you can take or leave. I can honestly say I think Johns cigars are some of the tastiest cigars around, no matter what kind of tobacco he s

Just smoked one of my Johnny O Sublimes from a sampler in December, so just 4 months of age on them. Was a really great cigar, easily a 91/92 score on it. One of those cigars that just leaves your mouth coated with a wonderful flavor you can't get enough of.

On the downside, had a pigtail, shagfoot Edmundo yesterday that was so plugged it wasn't worth the fight. Put it out and lit a real Monte Edmundo and happiness followed.

I've always enjoyed his line up of smokes. I hope I have the patience and will power to let some hit the 5 year mark to see how they perform. My oldest are some 3 yr old short behikes that I'll definitely be revisiting this summer.

• Like 1

I have been reading through this topic and is driving me a little nuts...good nuts though...my mouth is watering right now...

Could a caritative sould help out? I actually would like to try any custom.

Thanks in advance guys!!!

Daniel

Just got my sampler of Johnny Os. The construction is great. The aroma is not Cuban, but I'm not going to judge these cigars just on smell. I can't wait to try one later this week.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Hey Digger...have you tried a JO?

Check your PM ...

I find it very interesting that nobody can definatively state they are cuban cigars through and through...i have no idea as ive never smoked one but responses on various boards from guys i know to be very entrenched in Cuban cigars and no one seems to be comfortable stating undeniably they are Cuban...

I find it very interesting that nobody can definative state they are cuban cigars through and through...i have no idea as ive never smoked one but responses in various boards from guys i jnow to be very entrenched in Cuban cigars and no one seems to ve comfortable atating undeniably they are Cuban...

I think there's no real way to prove it really. I've passed a couple around and the unscientific consensus is that they smell and taste like Cuban tobacco. If this is NC tobacco, then someone has grown some leaf that is very special. If that were the case, I'm sure that tobacco would find it's way into NC brands vs being bandied about as Cuban customs. Mind you. That might be more lucrative for those involved. I asked around a lot about these. Especially guys that have been smoking CC's 10+ years. No one came out and said that this was anything but Cuban tobacco. And if anything. They've expanded their JO purchases vs scaling back or ceasing altogether if they suspected this was anything but Cuban tobacco.

The bundle I got a few weeks ago was wrapped in plastic baggies, then bubble wrapped, and then covered with the sports page from a Havana newspaper dated a couple of weeks earlier. Still impossible to know for sure if these are CCs... but I thought the newspaper was a nice touch. smile.png

The bundle I got a few weeks ago was wrapped in plastic baggies, then bubble wrapped, and then covered with the sports page from a Havana newspaper dated a couple of weeks earlier. Still impossible to know for sure if these are CCs... but I thought the newspaper was a nice touch. :)

I don't think they wrap Dominicans in Granma.

I love them. I am partial to the Canonazo's, but the Robusto's are pretty good as well. Have had issues with the non-world famous Cazador sized cigars not drawing worth a damn, but other than that, they are all a decent to fantastic cigar for me. I do believe they are actually Cuban tobaccos with the amount that I have gone through in the last year.

Hey I just wanted to drop back by here after being "disappeared" for a few years, after I got a few PMs. My offer to put folks in touch with him was a few years ago, and sadly I haven't the slightest clue how to reach him now... It does seem that some other members here are still getting his wonderful product, so you'll probably have better luck asking them ;) Cheers folks.

Hey I just wanted to drop back by here after being "disappeared" for a few years, after I got a few PMs. My offer to put folks in touch with him was a few years ago, and sadly I haven't the slightest clue how to reach him now... It does seem that some other members here are still getting his wonderful product, so you'll probably have better luck asking them wink.png Cheers folks.

He's also a member here, so it's really not hard to find him.teacher.gif

• Like 1

I've had a couple and can't say whether they are Cuban or not but when he lists his customs he also usually lists Cuban Rum and Cuban Cigarettes.

Seems a tad strange that he can source Some Cuban products but not others

Either way, they are great sticks and very good value IMO

• Like 1

I've had 3-4 samplers, and a box of Robustos. Im just reiterating what's been stated earlier, but they taste cuban to me. I've had some that were easily a 92/93 stick, and I've had some that were pretty bad... construction issues and just a very "bad" taste. The taste being off I would attribute to the "sick period". The construction issues, well... they are customs. And it's only been a handful of sticks that didnt burn well(maybe 3 or 4 out of every 50?) John is a great guy to deal with and the price is great.

I would recommend anyone who hasn't tried them to give them a go. I would also recommend to freeze any boxes or samplers to get. And dry box anything fresh you plan on smoking. Johnny O is on almost every forum that I've seen. He's easily found.

• Like 1

I managed to get a sampler of 5 canonazo-type size a few months ago.

I finally tried one last month with a friend.

I can only speak for the ones I have but no doubt in my mind they are Cuban.

Even looking at them and the feel of the wrapper, let alone how they smell cold and then smoke.

Decent cigars, fairly straightforward fresh custom roll flavours, sweet coffee/cocoa maybe a bit of leather.

Good roller, whoever he/she is.

• Like 3

I find it very interesting that nobody can definatively state they are cuban cigars through and through...i have no idea as ive never smoked one but responses on various boards from guys i know to be very entrenched in Cuban cigars and no one seems to be comfortable stating undeniably they are Cuban...

My take: They are Cuban farmies. The tobacco was grown in Cuba, but these are not the corporate HSA plants, so you'll have the uniqueness of varietal and terroir shine through a lot more. They also tend to be quite fresh (pre sick-period). I also agree that freezing is a MUST to be preemptive about beetles ... not sure if these are farmed organic or what, but they sure don't put the insane levels of pesticides on that HSA does.

I've had good experiences with these (though I stick with the "Famous" ones now ... very well made, lower failure rate than HSA cigars for me personally), shorts, lancero, XBMF, Mag 50, and most others I've had have been great. But haven't tried any of the newer vitolas. I'd like to try the 1966, Behike and Flying Pigs smile.png

My take: They are Cuban farmies. The tobacco was grown in Cuba, but these are not the corporate HSA plants, so you'll have the uniqueness of varietal and terroir shine through a lot more. They also tend to be quite fresh (pre sick-period). I also agree that freezing is a MUST to be preemptive about beetles ... not sure if these are farmed organic or what, but they sure don't put the insane levels of pesticides on that HSA does.

I've had good experiences with these (though I stick with the "Famous" ones now ... very well made, lower failure rate than HSA cigars for me personally), shorts, lancero, XBMF, Mag 50, and most others I've had have been great. But haven't tried any of the newer vitolas. I'd like to try the 1966, Behike and Flying Pigs smile.png

" levels of pesticides on that HSA does"

Could you tell me more about it? PM if you feel better.