3 hours ago, Customsfan said:

Can I ask which ones you tried?  I have tried the carona extra, the shorts and lanceros.  Wondering which ones I should try next.

president,P109,celestiales finos, coronas extra, colonials,shorts.

generally the 48 to 42 ring stuff. his churchills are great too.

• Thanks 1

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

tmac77....Santos is not in Nicaragua and has never been there. The past year he was in and out of Kuala Lampur, Malaysia. Initially in a Best Western as a house roller and subsequently La Baca, in The

I will let you all decide but my two cents: 1. I have met John in person numerous times, fantastic dude 2. I have seen pics with John and Santos together in Cuba many times over the past 4 years sin

All I know is like any cigar, you have ones you love and ones you can take or leave. I can honestly say I think Johns cigars are some of the tastiest cigars around, no matter what kind of tobacco he s

Bought 2 LC samplers last spring. The price was reasonable. Have not tried the WF or the EL. I found the Laguito to be extremely tight, basically unsmokeable. Which was depressing because the few puffs I did get tasted fantastic. Have 3 left still, and am worried about the similarly skinny Extras. Fortunately the Flying Pigs and the Shorts have been wonderful. Finished off the last of my Robustos yesterday, and they will be missed. Will probably let the rest sit until Spring.

Tempted to order some WF.

etistt.jpgir88km.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KGM said:

Bought 2 LC samplers last spring. The price was reasonable. Have not tried the WF or the EL. I found the Laguito to be extremely tight, basically unsmokeable. Which was depressing because the few puffs I did get tasted fantastic. Have 3 left still, and am worried about the similarly skinny Extras. Fortunately the Flying Pigs and the Shorts have been wonderful. Finished off the last of my Robustos yesterday, and they will be missed. Will probably let the rest sit until Spring.

Tempted to order some WF.

I've had the same experience with the lanceros. I have 2 bundles. One is perfect and one bundle is so tight I can't smoke them. The flavor on both is great though. Overall, I like the WF far more than the LC 

Has anyone tried the EL unbanded he has had the past few months? How do they compare to the real thing?

he also has so some ashtrays I know a lot of people were looking for a few years a for a few years ago
Ive been wondering that myself

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

On November 9, 2017 at 3:57 PM, Smallclub said:

Last week I smoked a "Robusto EL" (a $9 cigar) that was so bland and mild that I'll bet it was made exclusively from volado leaves… Tourist trap IMHO…

Crazy. I've smoked 2 of the same in the last week and they've been very flavorful. Despite their youth, I got cascades of cream, honey, spice, coffee, slight cocoa, random ginger and lemongrass. Already requested a bundle. Here's hoping the bundle will be like the fiver I've dug into and not like your experience.

On November 10, 2017 at 10:17 AM, mbflash80 said:

Have smoked through a ton of the recent EL offerings through John and have been very satisfied with everything...Ill keep buying...

Shhhhhhh!!!!    :foot:

all this talk made me place another order.             ;)

well, it's been a few months................and my fave is in stock.   :rolleyes:      

1 hour ago, kalibratecuba said:

Have 2 bundles of faves headed my way too.

My faves? I'm not telling.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

exactly................;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Customsfan said:

Actually would like try some sublimes or Rodolfo from him.  

The ones with shaggy foot are pretty good.  

World Famous for me. My favorites are the Coronas Extra.  Perfect size for me and tasty.  I also like the Churchill Culebras 

Agreed, I always freeze.

Sorry, I just looked and none of the ones I mentioned are even available right now.

11 minutes ago, topdiesel said:

The ones with shaggy foot are pretty good.  

World Famous for me. My favorites are the Coronas Extra.  Perfect size for me and tasty.  I also like the Churchill Culebras 

Agreed, I always freeze.

Sorry, I just looked and none of the ones I mentioned are even available right now.

I think that’s the great part about Johnny-O.  He’s got s lotta different vitolas. 

I have never frozen before but doing so for custom rolleds makes sense.

When my order arrived yesterday I checked my custom rolleds humidor and found one dried adult beetle inside. No damage found. Cigars are now in the fridge and going into freezer tonight.

• 4 weeks later...
First Sampler received. 

Some to try now after a short rest, the others can go to sleep after freezing. 

They feel wet and fresh like the one I had directly from a roller some time back. Nice  smell, looking better than the picture.

Baby Salomon WF

Flying Pig WF

Behike54 WF

Robusto Extra LC

Lanceros WF

82B2E041-2857-48CF-80AD-C4955FE5734C.thumb.jpeg.18e5961d9dedec70ea9e667a17980934.jpeg

Curious about the current stock of lanceros. Let us, or me, know how it smokes. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1