“Curious about the current stock of lanceros. Let us, or me, how it smokes. Thanks in advance. emoji41.png

+1 please let us know ASAP when you have a chance to smoke the WF Lancero...I am very interested in your review on that stick!

• Like 2

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

tmac77....Santos is not in Nicaragua and has never been there. The past year he was in and out of Kuala Lampur, Malaysia. Initially in a Best Western as a house roller and subsequently La Baca, in The

I will let you all decide but my two cents: 1. I have met John in person numerous times, fantastic dude 2. I have seen pics with John and Santos together in Cuba many times over the past 4 years sin

All I know is like any cigar, you have ones you love and ones you can take or leave. I can honestly say I think Johns cigars are some of the tastiest cigars around, no matter what kind of tobacco he s

On 17/12/2017 at 12:25 AM, Buck14 said:

“Curious about the current stock of lanceros. Let us, or me, how it smokes. Thanks in advance. emoji41.png

+1 please let us know ASAP when you have a chance to smoke the WF Lancero...I am very interested in your review on that stick!

Is the first on my list. They are still quite wet and may need another week or so.

Keep you guys updated

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/16/2017 at 7:37 AM, kalibratecuba said:

Curious about the current stock of lanceros. Let us, or me, know how it smokes. Thanks in advance. emoji41.png

I received a bundle of lanceros a few months ago. Flavor wise they were spot on but I did have some problems with extremely tight draw on quite a few, combined with soft spots in other places.

• Like 1

I received a bundle of lanceros a few months ago. Flavor wise they were spot on but I did have some problems with extremely tight draw on quite a few, combined with soft spots in other places.
Thanks for the info.
I sent a message to John on another forum several days ago. I haven't heard back from him yet. I just got the Perfecdraw and think I will get a chance to use it from what I'm hearing about the lancero.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Had the Flying Pig today. 

Construction feels ok, draw very loose  

Very light at start, difficult to separate flavors which are there. 

Over time strength and flavors increased up to full at the end. 

Quite complex with mixed flavors. 

At the beginning it reminds me of a HDM DC, closer towards the end a RyJ Ex4.

Ready to smoke now. 

F0A061B4-7161-4C82-A2C9-760FAE8968D0.thumb.jpeg.2530941c910e277b55e067ffe5c41b92.jpeg

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
2 hours ago, Phillys said:

Is it just me or do the caps look really rough.

I've personally capped cigars better than some of those. And I cant roll cigars to save my life, I've tried. The tobacco sticking out of the feet of those 66s seems quite stringy/stemmy as well. That is a bundle of RUSTIC looking cigars.

I've smoked and enjoyed a number of gifted Johnny O's. I have nothing against them and I am not trying to disparage them in anyway, but I would not be happy receiving bundles that looked like that. Even with the leaf quantity/quality issue Cuba is dealing with right now, there are so many solid cigars to park your coin. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Corylax18 said:

I've personally capped cigars better than some of those. And I cant roll cigars to save my life, I've tried. The tobacco sticking out of the feet of those 66s seems quite stringy/stemmy as well. That is a bundle of RUSTIC looking cigars.

I've smoked and enjoyed a number of gifted Johnny O's. I have nothing against them and I am not trying to disparage them in anyway, but I would not be happy receiving bundles that looked like that. Even with the leaf quantity/quality issue Cuba is dealing with right now, there are so many solid cigars to park your coin. 

there are plenty of other options available from John that display quite the advanced level of craftsmanship...I assure you...

reserva.jpg

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, mbflash80 said:

there are plenty of other options available from John that display quite the advanced level of craftsmanship...I assure you...

reserva.jpg

I agree! I don't have a ton of experience with them, but the ones I have smoked have been closer to the photo in this post than the previous two. I've had a couple of the very small "flying pig" type vitolas that smoked very well. But if I was in an LCDH looking for cigars to buy, I would pass on the two bundles above.  

• Like 1

I had the same experience, from some WF Lanceros, I got a few months ago.  They tasted great though!

On 1/5/2018 at 10:27 AM, encephalization said:

• Thanks 1