Drinking habits

Peter11216

How many drinks per week?  

252 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Those of us who work hard, strive hard and do are best need something to take the edge off as and when. Our data can be used for research projects and help support whatever hypotheses there is, but at the end of the day, we don't give a ****.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes. I drink too much. Thank you for reminding me. FJ

I stopped smoking cigs and drinking for five years and hardly ever to the doc and never hospitalized before I quit. After I quit, two trips to the hospital and several issues, weight gain etc. Not sur

My neighbours didn't realize I drank until they saw me sober one day.. Seriously though, north of 15/week and generally have a drink with a cigar. When it's still light out, it's a good beer. After d

OK I took the poll but to be honest I don't like people asking me how much I drink. Once I had some bad pain in the center right of my stomach and the Doctor asked "how much alcohol do you drink?", "none of your bussines" was what I almost replied.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't always drink beer while having a cigar, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis....couldn't resist the "most interesting man in the world" reference!

• 1 month later...

Probing? Odd poll?

I think is a very interesting poll and not 'probing' at all, after all it is anonymous, and if it bothers you either don't take the poll or

maybe rethink your drinking habits??

I dont know, I found it non-offensive and insightful as I dont usually drink with a cigar but always thought most people did.

Good poll.

And Petrus, being from Brooklyn, where do you smoke your morning cigars? Asking because I just came back from NYC and Brooklyn and found a bit of anti smoking sentiment in the air.

Thanks, Mike

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I usually have around 5-6 drinks a week. I love beer and whine.

My kids whine 5-10 times a day... Does that count? :)

I will have anywhere from 2 to 10 drinks a week... Depends on what I had to put up with ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

I find my weekend smokes to be different from my weekday smokes. During the week I trend towards having a drink with my cigar as I keep a well stocked locker of bourbon, rye and rum at my local shop in downtown Philadelphia. I will normally stop in on the way home from work to socialize and have cigar. On weekends I tend to have coffee/ espresso more often than not as I am at home. My theory is that it has more to do with the social aspect of having a drink with friends. I tend to never drink alone.

• 4 months later...

I stopped smoking cigs and drinking for five years and hardly ever to the doc and never hospitalized before I quit. After I quit, two trips to the hospital and several issues, weight gain etc. Not sure if it was the lack of the two or the stress of my now ex. I got rid of her this summer and started smoking stogies and drinking on weekends again so hopefully I will build up a resistance to doctors agian.

• Like 1

Cool poll.

I probably average 1 drink per night. Often I drink alcohol while smoking but only about 50% of he time. I find other things such as coffee, iced coffee and many juices can do tremendous things for a cigar without needing alcohol. I also feel that booze can numb my palate some and make certain cigars harder to fully appreciate.

My favourite time of the week is having a couple of cigars on a Saturday and Sunday morning with an espresso and a large pot of black coffee.

I usually have a scotch if I'm smoking on a night time, but prefer the early morning shift....

• 4 weeks later...

I just love red wine...Last week I tasted about 5 different wines, sometimes, I think it is too much...But aside from other drinks, red wine, like cigar, is a sensorial orgasm lol3.gif

Such a cliché...A french guy drinking red wineclap.gif

I like to drink Scotch when smoking cigars. It's even more relaxing.

Beer and red wine mess up my palette when smoking cigar.

Coffee and non-carbonated semi-sweet drinks seem to bring out more flavors from cigars, and I always like to have them on the side when smoking cigars (plus Scotch of course)..

I normally don't drink unless I have friends over. I'm sure most people disagree, but I feel like unless I've already perfectly paired a spirit with a cigar that the drink detracts from my smoking experience. I'll smoke first, drink later.

...but I feel like unless I've already perfectly paired a spirit with a cigar that the drink detracts from my smoking experience. I'll smoke first, drink later.

I agree with this. Although I will still drink and smoke together, when I am tasting new cigars or drink, I will refrain from having the other in favour of a fresh and unadulterated palate.

• 2 months later...

I used to almost always have a belgian ale with my cigars....but lately i've been trying to keep the lbs down a bit so i've cut back on that.

Sure I'll have one, but overall i'll be drinking water for the most part.

Moderation and all that bs.......getting older sucks sometimes ;)

I've been skipping the hard alcohol lately as it's becoming too much. I recently visited my local liquor shop and picked il many bottles of craft beer. I'm stuck on these new chocolate beers and Banana Bread beer is to die for with a cigar.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I find it difficult to really pair an alcohol well to a specific cigar.

Single Malts are a fave and I have enough experience drinking them to adequately pair to a particular genre of cigar.

Other than this I simply drink what I like while smoking, being particularly drawn to stouts I find these sometimes contradict the flavour of some subtle lines, but it's a compromise I'm happy to live with :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I like scotch and cognac and rum as well. Stocked up on everything very well, but almost never drink alcohol with my cigars. Prefer coffee or pure glacier water. I barely drink alcohol at all. No particular reason just.. not a massive drinker I guess I am. Never been. But like it this way. Beers maybe in summertime once or twice I feel I want to and just forget about it haha.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I usually have a bottle of wine with my wife on weekends and a couple of beers during the week. I don't usually drink and smoke, the few times I've done that I`ve found that usually one overpowers the other, I probably need to learn a bit more of wine/cigar pairings for the future