Drinking habits

Peter11216

How many drinks per week?  

252 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My favourite drink with a cigar is a glass of wine.I have been drinking whites for a long time now and its mostly Chardonnay.Seems to go well bearing in mind that i am a noob.ok.gif .

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes. I drink too much. Thank you for reminding me. FJ

I stopped smoking cigs and drinking for five years and hardly ever to the doc and never hospitalized before I quit. After I quit, two trips to the hospital and several issues, weight gain etc. Not sur

My neighbours didn't realize I drank until they saw me sober one day.. Seriously though, north of 15/week and generally have a drink with a cigar. When it's still light out, it's a good beer. After d

• 3 weeks later...

My neighbours didn't realize I drank until they saw me sober one day..

Seriously though, north of 15/week and generally have a drink with a cigar. When it's still light out, it's a good beer. After dark, it's Scotch, Tequila or rum neat.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I at that stage of my life where trying to be healthy is somehow not good for me. Having said that I am not currently drinking for caloric reasons.

Even before I decide not to drink until I lost some weight I rarely smoked cigars with anything other than water. A few bad pairing convinced me to enjoy the cigar alone with just a little tap water as our tap water rocks.

I cannot say I miss alcohol much but many of my friends do not drink much.

I've tried various drinks with a cigar but found that, for me, it wasn't easy to pair my drinks with my cigars. I pretty much will always have a black coffee with water though.

I find I enjoy my drinks on their own.

Sadly my drinking rate has increased, so many good spiced rums around. I need to have a nice dark spirit to go with a cigar. Sometimes a good rum will inspire an impromptu cigar smoke!

I hear that! Thinking Zaya or maybe el dorado 15 tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I enjoy fine drinks, but I find that I'm the type of drinker that savours his drinks in small quantities. I went out to a 50th Birthday party last night and the host kept insisting on purchasing drinks for his guests. Since he such a nice guy who was I not to oblige? So I started with a simple Jack Daniels and Coke, followed by another. We went later to see a band where this was followed up by two Johnnie Walker Blacks and Coke. I couldn't do any more though!

• 2 weeks later...

I usually have beer when it's warmer, red wine when it's cooler. Scotch every now and then. Recently I enjoyed having coffee with a smoke. Much more coffee in the future.

• Like 1

I usually have beer when it's warmer, red wine when it's cooler. Scotch every now and then. Recently I enjoyed having coffee with a smoke. Much more coffee in the future.

Certain cigars have 'coffee-like' flavours that compliment a good coffee. Other cigars compliments fine alcohol. It's fun to try and experiment what matches.

Altough I love wine and had some great experiences with cigars, I understand it is not the best match. I usually have a brown spirit (rhum, whisky or cognac). But I think my favorite drink with a cigar is still coffee.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I almost always have beer or whiskey when I smoke, unless it's in the morning (and even then I sometimes do).

Occasionally I'll drink tea or seltzer water - the latter when I'm really trying to get a feel for the taste of a cigar.

I drink almost every night, anywhere from three to five beers or a couple glasses of whiskey. I probably drink too much and should cut down, but it's not causing any problems (yet), so I'm coasting.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes I almost always have a drink or 5 when I smoke. I find I enjoy the cigar better when under the influemce of alcohol. Otherwise when I dont drink I feel like Im in a rush to finish the cigar. I have one cigar a week and 2-5 drinks. Im.happy but I may drink less and try smoking more without alcohol.