Opus X Perfecxion X - Review

Excellent review Aaron.Had a few of those myself and last year in November coming back from a cruise and driving back to Canada we stopped by Tampa Sweethearts and bought a few.Still have them in my humi.

Speaking of the Fuente line...

News: Casa Fuente Gets New Exclusive Line

http://www.halfwheel.com/?p=25405

Nommm.... Casa Fuente in a Rosado. Nice. The Magnum Rs are fantastic smokes.

BTW, in case you were wondering, the Casa Fuente cigars are a "tweaked" Opus X with a Cameroon wrapper.

I realize we all love cubans, but Fuente makes some awesome stuff. Mag R Rosados have a very nice flavor with a medium body, each Opus tastes a little different, nice sweetness from the Anejos.

Wanna smoke a strong cigar? Get a fresh Opus X Robusto. For whatever reason, they are powerhouses.

Always look forward to my next Opus X. One of my favorite brands, Cuban or Non. I don't see the similarity to Cuban cigars in the least however. IMO Anejos can't hold a candle to Opus.

They are completely different cigars. Shows preference is everything.

Lito Gomez did a project where (i think he emulated) the opus x. The line is called LG, and it is a powerhouse. If you liked the strength, give that line a try. The pc made me almost pass out like the opus power ranger.

I prefer the Litto Gomez Small Batches over the LG line, however.

Casa Fuente cigars use to get me all hot and bothered. I still have a couple in my humidor. Since hanging out with FOH guys they have gone pretty much to the back of the line because of the lack of value for the smoke.

I still love me my Opus X's and my top of the line Davidoffs...

Lisa

They are completely different cigars. Shows preference is everything.

Lito Gomez did a project where (i think he emulated) the opus x. The line is called LG, and it is a powerhouse. If you liked the strength, give that line a try. The pc made me almost pass out like the opus power ranger.

I prefer the Litto Gomez Small Batches over the LG line, however.

I agree.

I don't really care for strength, so aging to a bare minimum of 2-3 years is imperative for Opus X IMO. They will only get better.

I used to like the 2009 LG Chisel, in fact I pulled one out the other day and it was horrifically putrid. They must be getting stronger. Plugged as well. Go figure.

@Lisa...Yes CF cigars are top notch. Nothing to splurge on but I usually pick up one or two when visiting Casa Fuente.

So for those who haven't given these a try for fear of strength... yes, they are full bodied cigars, and have a bit of strength, but compared to the full bodied Nicaraguan cigars that are so popular in America right now. If you give the Opus a few years of down time they become even less potent nicotine wise.