Prayers for Guy (Laficion).

El Presidente

Noo! Just read the news, I am in absolute shock. I met Guy last year and had great time with the man, someone who loves life so much and knows how to live it should not be taken away that soon.

Here is the post I created on SB about my visit Meeting Guy

Get well Guy and hope to see you soon amigo.

This photo was taken when I visited him last year.

photo_10.JPG

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guy. Still thinking about you my friend.peace.gif Get through this, get well and get back to being you. There are still many discussions of wine and cigars we need to have.

Well Said, I to am looking foward to more conversations with you Guy.

All the best, hope for a turn for the better!

Guy was the moderator to first take notice and welcome me on the forum -

even though we haven't met, it feels like I knew him like family.

Prayers for the hole family.

Guy, you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Though I don't personally know you, I'm pulling for you bud.

Get well quickly!

Austin

Shocked...I just read the terrible news. Truly saddened to hear about Guy. Thanks for the update Rob. My best wishes and prayers to Guy and Monique. Pulling for a speedy recovery for you.

Guy, u turned me on to QDO. Get well brother and we shall smoke some QDO together.

Freakish, went to a cigar bar last weekend. I brought my own sticksand was just looking at their collection saw QDO Gran Corona and i remember Guy's write up on the marca and i thought i must have it.

Guy, make it through!!! Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Amin

Eventhough I am born and raised in Texas, my Scottish Heritage is very strong. This is my family's Scottish Prayer, and I send it out to one of the last true "Gentleman" tonight , for Guy:

O God, listen to my prayer

Let my earnest petition come to you,

for I know that you are hearing me

As surely as though I saw you with mine eyes.

I am placing a lock upon my heart,

I am placing a lock upon my thoughts,

I am placing a lock upon my lips

And double-knitting them.

Aught that is amiss for my soul

In the pulsing of my death,

May you, O God, sweep it from me

And may you shield me in the blood of your love.

Let no thought come to my heart,

Let no sound come to my ear,

Let no temptation come to my eye,

Let no fragrance come to my nose,

Let no fancy come to my mind,

Let no ruffle come to my spirit,

That is hurtful to my poor body this night,

Nor ill for my soul at the hour of my death;

But may you yourself, O God of life,

Be at my breast, be at my back,

You to me as a star, you to me as a guide,

From my life's beginning to my life's closing.

We walk the plank with our eyes wide open.

Fingers still crossed hard and tight every time I log onto the Forum.

Same here, it's kind of scary loggin in the last few days. Sometimes it's hard to be 'a half full glass'. Hang in there Guy!

I've been away from the forum for a few days, shocked to see this news. Guy has been one of the finest men on this forum. I've gotten to know him better over the past couple of weeks, we worked out a trade and he was such a gentleman and so welcoming throughout this. I'll be thinking of him and checking back here frequently for updates.

Best wishes to Guy and his family.

Morning my friends. It is time to rally yet another wave of prayers for our friend Guy.

While Guy did not introduce me to QdO somehow I think of him whenever I smoke one. This one was a gift from a friend and I thought about Guy, and did a little praying for my friend, while I drove home and smoked this cigar. I prayed that we could take this journey together someday, taking in a fine cigar, when he is better.

Please Lord find it in your heart to heal my friend today. There is a hole in the heart of this community without him. While we are many here, there are none of us like him. Please bring him back to us safely.

-Ray

The first time I heard about QdO was when Guy explained how they were first produced for the French market (hence the name) and it peaked my interest. I have a 2006 box and half a box of 2009 corona claros which I love. I would never have tried this "off" brand if not for Guy and now I love them!

Guy, I pray you will join us on here soon and enjoy a speedy recovery because surely no one enjoys life more than you. I pray for your family who loves you so much and that all of our prayers reach the Big Guy upstairs. I pray he blesses you with a second chance to join everyone again. Amen.