Salomones

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

J - I agree with you, not too keen on Partagas or the Cuaba. I think I know what you're talking about with the Davidoff...can't seem to search it, but it came out in 1998/9/2000 in crate of 100, the original Davidoff Millenium Blend Salomones...it has a real delicate wrapper? Very crisp in flavors right (cashew/mint)?

Marc - I don't know the details of the cigar or the blend but they come in a (rather nice looking) crate of 50 cigars. Silk like wrapper, crisp and unique taste, yes. It's a great cigar. The Royal Robusto is too. They can still be purchased but only at Davidoff stores.

Yup thats the one. The single banded davidoff millenium salamones. Great white buffalo.

I also lucked out, one of our botls here has graciously sent me some aged Hamlet salamones to scout out for the review.

If anyone has leftover La China's, please let me know!

Just got my 4yr old Hamlet salamones in from the dirty sanch. Needless to say, I couldn't wait.

the cigar itself is visually stunning. Carefully cut the top draw is impeccable. From the first puff, the cigar is exceptional. Bandless, it could be anything, but the flavors do not lie. As the smoke enters the mouth and hits the roof of the mouth, it is as if you are licking spanish cedar. Then as the smoke cools and evolves, you find sweet potatoe, pumpkin, some orange juice. This starts out very similar to the HdM Petit Piramides and Partagas P1. The richness of the flavors is so robust that I must savor; actively letting it sit between puffs.

Passed the bulb. Inch in and the smoke changes dimensions. Now it is purely pumpkin puree with a mouth feel and aftertaste of whole milk cottage cheese. It is delicious. Absolutely phenomenal.

The cigar portrays this core profile all the way through. Doesn't get hot, very suave, excellent, top notch.

Will check out the La China next. Please feel free to post your own reviews of your favorite salamones if you have one.

I just got my HQ box from LFTH of Cuaba Salomones, they promise to be the bomb :D pics soon but here is the one from the site :D

post-7486-0-42113300-1336541108.jpg

A lucky chap you are sir.....

I don't have many Salomones in quantities other than the Hamlets. I have a Cuaba Salomone and Diademas. A Partagas and that Davidoff one shown above. I had my first Hamlet Salomone last week while away. It had 3-5 years of age on it and it was one of the best cigars I've smoked this year. Easy to light, burned well and as for the taste? Smooth, medium bodied. I was going to review it but I just was taken aback by how smooth it was and stopped writing. Of note, some Cohiba grassiness, some RyJ cherrywood, some caramel, earthy tones, leather and coffee. The blend was seamless in how it evolved from foot to head. I rated this a 95 with no hesitation.

My father in law and I both had some Cuaba Feb 11's last weekend and they were superb. I was a little worried going into the experience because I have seen such hot and cold reviews on them. Excellent creaminess to the smoke and nice mouth feel, burned fairly quickly for a big cigar, was mild-medium and drifted towards medium as things went on, a little one dimensional, but it was a very comfortable dimension...the only issue was about 5 or so touch ups needed (both of us experienced this). But the cigar kept me engaged and happy enough that the touch up problem was a throw out issue.

• 11 months later...

I am a Partagas fan, but also have a few boxes of the Cuaba that haven't disappointed. I have only been fortunate enough to smoke a few La China's and enjoyed hem all but since they are not easily available, I consider them a treat and not in the regular rotation

Neve tried the Partagas.I've only had a few of the Cuaba's,but I did enjoy them very much.Probaly the best tasting of the Cuaba brand.I dobt l'll ever smoke anymore though,as I prefer smaller and thinner smokes and find this size to be too big anymore.

• 2 years later...

My top Salomones would have to be:

Partagas Especialidas 1996

Partagás 155 Salomone

2002 - LCDH Humidor Salomone out of the pillow

2003 OR release Cuaba are smoking very good right now

And of course "The Master Roller Rodolfo Taboada"!!!

Some great sticks there, couple of white whales.

Taboada of course, may he RIP. My only experience with his was one Poker gifted me almost 15 years ago now.....

• 6 months later...

Never had one but I'm guessing the Hamlet salamones kick ass http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/wink.gif

Neat to have an old post liked and to see again...since this post ive about 200 and it was a correct assumption, Hamlet's work is outstanding