A Change of Pace Dinner

ckearns

On Saturday night the weather in this part of the world wasn't the best. Our plan to have a bbq and an evening on the patio quickly went out the window and instead we found ourselves enjoying a meal that we don't have that often and one I could easily get use to having on a more regular basis.

The old shoe and I were at a local farmers' market and decided to forgo grilling meats and instead pick-up a collection of meats, cheeses, breads, etc. We ended up with the following:

4 x Cheese - An aged Breemster, Manchego, a Spanish cheese called drunken goat, and a soft cheese from Quebec

2 x Homemade Meats - Chorizo and a smoked pork tenderloin

Along with tomatoes, Spanish olives, breads and vino.

It was a great evening and I snapped a photo to share. Enjoy.

post-7525-0-39277700-1335212763.jpg

Awesome! Charcuterie! My father and I used to eat like this whenever my mom didn't feel like cooking or was working late. It's a great way to have a long, slow meal. Nice to see you washing it down with an Italian Amarone. :perfect10:

Pro tip: For the bread, next time butter both sides of the slices, broil in the over until golden and serve. :ok:

Looks great. I done that a few times myself. The best one was from a large market in Barcelona and then enjoying it late on evening on the beach.