Live Review:. RA Gladiator Andes RE

In the spirit of totally ripping Art off. Tonight I'll attempt a live review. It's been a long days so a nice cigar is in order.

So on tap is the Ramon Allones Gladiator. RE for the Andes(Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador ). It's a double robusto. 52 * 170

Aroma still cold. Hints of cedar, dry fruit, nutmeg. Cold draw seems good. Going to fire it up.

post-6763-0-76891600-1336781816.jpg

First impressions. Light delicate fruity flavors. Floral notes. Very little smoke despite good light.

Floral fruity flavors. Loads of smoke now. Reminds me of a Magnum 50. Baking spice some tanginess and a hint of tobacco power to come. Very good burn. Mild bodied so far. Some RyJ cherry wood flavors emerging. Cigar kinda reminds me of a light Cazadores. Slight pepper on the finish but more akin to a spicy wood. Reminds me of a cinnammon toothpick that's almost lost its flavour.

Black and gray ash flakes off easily. Nice sweet finish emerges on the exhale. Ramon Allones is fast becoming a favorite brand for me. This is one solid cigar that is smoking beautifully so far. I taste fruitcake. Got some of that from an RACF before. I hope this becomes a trademark of the RA blend. More floral and fruity notes emerge

Some more green pepper, cedar and cinnamon to round out the second third. There's even a hint of licorice to the finish. The amount of blue smoke is impressive. Very refined cigar and so young to boot. HSA must love the Andes :).

Some green pepper and baked beans opens up the third third. Nice ash and burn. time to remove the bands. The aroma coming off this is pure cherry wood. Hints of black pepper returns. Tobacco buzz has subsided. Very rich tobacco on a few draws with a nice vegetal finish. The cigar hasn't needed a delight and burns like a charm. Staring down the lighted foot is like looking into an active volcano. Sweet woody flavors emerge. Huge clouds of smoke arise. The finish to almost every draw lingers with sweetness. Tobacco buzz starts to return. I'm impressed. Why can't this be a regular production cigar?

Almost done the first third. Some cedary cinnamon notes now. Smooth cigar, really enjoying it so far. The tobacco is slowly building up in strength but it is doing so with grace. Very refined cigar for such a young release. . Loads of smoke again. A nice windless night keeps the burn in check. No touchups needed thus far.

Awesome. Some hints of cherry with a slight tinge of cocoa dust comes through. I'm pairing this with fizzy water to get a true feel for the cigar. Im into the second third now. Really enjoying this cigar.

More fruitcake with a nice tangy finish. I can feel a slight tobacco buzz still but it doesn't bother me. I ate some trusty Pizzaiolo Soprano pizza with a nice Portuguese Douro for dinner so I have a nice base going on. This cigar is proving of before be a fine dessert.

More cocao. Clouds of smoke and a slightly wonky burn. I might have to correct it. One vegetal notes emerge, like a green pepper. The cigar is medium bodied at this point. More cedar, nutty finish as well. The wrapper is a nice Colorado hue. Mmmm more fruitcake. Very sweet profile throughout. I wonder what aging will do to these?

Almost done with the final third. Beaniness returns along with some raw tobacco power. I feel like I just did three shots of Tequila. Some cherry wood flavors even things up. Some nutmeg and hickory now. Such a delight this cigar is. Some serious black pepper notes hit me.

Some more black pepper. The buzz carries on but doesn't deter me. This RE needs to go worldwide!! It's that good. Going to have to nub this baby. the aroma coming off it now is like steak! Unreal. Oddly, the cigar does not burn very hot. some toasty tobacco now. Slight licorice.

In conclusion. For a cigar named the gladiator, this no brute. Is it built like Arnold but it fights with the finesse of Bruce Lee. It was an absolute pleasure to smoke. Very smooth, dynamic and relaxing to smoke. Without hesitation I am giving this a score of 96.

This is a real winner. It is a shame that it is so hard to find. The nub is even giving off a floral aroma as it nears the end. and with that I. Lay the nub to rest alongside it's ashes. The end

Had one yesterday. Absolutely gorgeous and complex cigar. Great review. I'd just add an amazing amaretto cake flavor during the first third and the last third was a little rough around the edges and burn was a little crooked as well, but this is definitely due to its youth. Loved it.

• 2 weeks later...