Toronto Mega Herf II

Toronto Mega Herf Poll  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Greetings folks.

It's time to start thinking about a Toronto FOH Herf. Summer weather has arrived and we're looking to get the planning underway.

In terms of dates, We'd be looking at whether people prefer Friday / Saturday / Sunday. There is a poll. Please note, Friday's and Saturdays will be hard to book or be very expensive. Given that patios are like gold to most venues we'd have to pay a lot to get exclusive use. For example. One venue I looked into last year wanted $11,000 for Saturday :surprised:. But only $500 for the Sunday. HUGE difference. Our hobby is expensive enough, so we'll look to keep it affordable and reasonable.

So, at this point let's see how many folks would be interested in attending. Once I get a good idea of the headcount I can use those numbers to negotiate with venues.

I'm also asking if people would be willing to put down a deposit (let's say $20) to book the venue. That way I won't be 100% out of pocket on the venue deposit and that money will go towards the final cost of your ticket. Please note. I won't be collecting any money until we've got a solid number of attendees, a finalized date and a venue selected.

Last year's herf was a big success. For our money we got some drinks included and dinner. Plus, we had exclusive use of the venue's patio. We did a series of raffles that went over very well and all proceeds went to charity.

We plan on doing raffles and prizes again this year. We have to beat the Montreal Winter Herf's tally. Bragging rights are on the line! :king:

So. Please pick your preferred day. Majority will rule of course. If you want to bring non FOH members, please add a reply with how many people will be accompanying you. Otherwise the vote poll won't accurately reflect the true number.

Cheers,

Frank

PS. In the coming weeks, I'll be updating the thread with additional details and polls.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

same place as last year? I hope so food was amazing, staff was exellent as well

Does Mambo lounge require a big premium for a Saturday? How we gonna get KIETHED on a Sunday?!

LOL. No. Mambo wasn't the $11K place. And yes, Saturdays' are better for getting KEITHED and for out of towners.

dont worry i'll make sure to drag the montrealers to toronto for this event...

Just a suggestion. If you are expecting out of towners, I would only ask for the Saturday dates. That gives them time to arrive and time to leave.

For sure. I'm hoping that the voters see it that way too. We had a lot of trekkers make their way in. Montreal, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Detroit...Australia. :)

Bloody hell, Frank! The bourbon, I forgot about THE bourbon! Of course, we'll lick your toes if you bring some with you David! (I mean, if you are in the correct train of mind, of course!).

Very good idea Frank.I voted fo sundays but open for any other day.Friday's I might be a bit late due to the new job I'm starting and it is a day I would be working and that would be out of Brantford.