Toronto Mega Herf II

Toronto Mega Herf Poll  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fellows,

I am super keen to be there for this year's Mega Herf! I totally support a pre-deposit to make it work better.

The only caveat for me of course is availability, since I'll be coming in from Victoria and getting married in Toronto on Sat 4 August. With that in mind, I could definitely make it if it was Saturday 28 July or Sunday 29 July.

Do not plan it specifically so I can be there!!! All I am saying is that if it is on one of those two days, you can could me in! I think my arm could be twisted to donate a "Deployment Sampler" for the raffle too, if the proceeds are goin' to charity...

Hopefully I can make it for the Mega Herf! If not - I'm sure I will see at least some of you at Mambo lounge sometime before the wedding!

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for Saturday since I'll be coming in from Ottawa so it works out best for me. If it is on a Friday or Sunday I can still make it though. For me personally a date in August would work out best. June would probably be a no go for me and July would be a maybe .... but I had an awesome time last year so really no matter when it is I will do my best to make it. If I can help out with anything please let me know.

Gotta be a Saturday for me....I would imagine we'd be looking at the same spot as last year as one of the potential options? I would be a +1...

Saturday's are my preference and I'm willing to contribute whatever is needed. I think last year's event and subsequent meet ups at the Mambo have been successful and its a place that's comfortable for us. Keep us posted, Frank.

I'm another out of towner, so Saturday would work better. It will depend on which week-end is chosen. My kids have 3 soccer tournaments (one in June, July and August), so I'll see once the date is chosen. Hopefully I can make it, really enjoyed the Montreal herf, and would like to be able to make it to Toronto :)

I think we all thought The Mambo Lounge was great, plus they know us and know we'll spend money. It would be great to have it there again.

Maybe Rob has some business in Canada he needs to come out for :)

Anyone know if Hamlet is coming back this year?

I have something to report... Went shopping today for a pile of French RE's specifically for trading with the lads... , including a couple of Bolivar pyramids that are too big for moi!

And some gorgeous boxes too so get your ammo ready!

Greetings folks.

It's time to start thinking about a Toronto FOH Herf. Summer weather has arrived and we're looking to get the planning underway....

Wow. Miss a few days, miss a lot!!!

I tell ya, I step away for one long weekend, and I come back, and there's all this stuff here that I have to read and catch up on! :rolleyes:

I voted for Saturday (all day drinkin', with Sunday to recouperate, duh!), and yes if needed for a deposit.

...How we gonna get KIETHED on a Sunday?!

+1. :rolleyes::lookaround::spotlight:

Gents.

Those of you that have offered to help. I've got your names down! :ok: Believe me, there will be many tasks coming up.

As per usual, I'm in to help. Again. Bastard.

Saturday's are my preference and I'm willing to contribute whatever is needed. I think last year's event and subsequent meet ups at the Mambo have been successful and its a place that's comfortable for us. Keep us posted, Frank.

+1.

I think we all thought The Mambo Lounge was great, plus they know us and know we'll spend money. It would be great to have it there again....

+1.

I think doing it at the Mambo again, on a Saturday, might be everyone's best option. We just gotta one up it for this year.

And I've got a super-secret-evil-master-plan up my sleeve for that too......

Bwah, ha, ha, ha!!!!! :devil2::stir:

I'm sure Jace and I would go. I just need to know about a month ahead of schedule so I can request a few days off of work :)

As long as it's before aug 27 (thats when i go back to school) i'd be down my passport is waiting to be used. Any implications since i'm under 21 :)

What is the capacity of the Mambo Lounge? Last year the entire patio section was packed and I don't think there was much more room left was there? If we are going to be the same number as last year the Mambo Lounge could work but what happens if there is a bigger turn out then last year? I might have a guest tagging along with me this year as well.

What is the capacity of the Mambo Lounge? Last year the entire patio section was packed and I don't think there was much more room left was there? If we are going to be the same number as last year the Mambo Lounge could work but what happens if there is a bigger turn out then last year? I might have a guest tagging along with me this year as well.

Phil, there was about 40 of us on that back deck. So far, we're below that number. I;ll leave this thread open for another week to see what the potential headcount is. Mambo is the first choice, if the attendees exceed the capacity, I'll have to look elsewhere.

Saturday would be the only day I could make it. No problem for the deposit.

So as of now, Montreal crew possibly attending : Riaz, Simon, Shlomo (really ? lol) and me ?

As for the date, don't know when my wife will have her week of summer vacation, so I can't give you a weekend I'm certain to be available, sorry.

Better start thinking of what cigars I'll bring with me !