Cigar Review Competition. COHIBA BHK54

COHIBA BHK54 REVIEW

I've been enjoying the BHK54 for some time now. I believe this is my third time reviewing it as I like to see how it is progressing over time. It rarely disappoints. I've done this review "art" style as well. I was smoking this bad boy in Cancun a little over two weeks ago.

I'm transcribing the text to make it easier to read. This particular piece has a few artifacts from the actual cigar I smoked. On the left hand side, I've managed to work in the pig tail onto the painting of the cigar. I also fashioned a triple cap using that same piece of tobacco.

In the second third I noticed a little vein sticking our from the head, so I pulled it out and what you see is the result, preserved onto paper thanks to a little white glue.

post-6763-0-02956900-1337654301.jpg

Now, on to the review. Smoked on May 6, 2012 @ 4:10PM CST.

Construction: Firm, solid. Chocolate brown wrapper.

Aroma at Cold: Cocoa, hay, earthy notes. Good draw off the cut.

First Third:

Cedar, earther, great draw, tangy tobacco, touch of caramel, leather, sweet bean flavours, tangy cigar, leather, imperfect burn, but no worries, Burn just corrected itself. :ok: Caramel with espresso ground finish, toasty tobacco with bittersweet finish, sweet bread, tiny hints of pepper, caramel. Very smooth cigar so far. Strong coffee and caramel.

END

Second Third:

Slight bitterness to open up. Coffee, beany notes, flaky ash, great burn, no relights so far, toasty tobacco, cedar notes, smoking like a dry champagne right now. Would pair nicely with a Pol Roger :) toasty tobacco sweet woodiness. Found a bit of a vein in the head, pulled it out (see artwork). Tanginess returns, aroma is like mushrooms, corrected burn, cigar is still smooth, no tobacco buzz so far, beans, dry cedar finish, sweet bread, loads of creamy smoke.

END

Third Third:

Opens up with rich toasty tobacco, burn if very good, tangy tobacco, slight caramel, smooth anise, easy cigar to get lost in, pure coffee, no bitterness, espresso, pulled band off easily, slight almond notes, pecan, toast, espresso bean, sweet bread, toasty tobacco, molasses, very little plumes of smoke but still lit, spoke too soon. Out!! :tantrum: dry tobacco notes, smoking like an aged cigar, slight tobacco buzz, toasty tobacco, beany notes, leather, wonky burn, cigar is hot to the touch, dry toasty tobacco, showing its' strength now, walnuts, pepper, burnt molasses, sweet tobacco, anise, toasted tobacco, great cigar to get lost in. (Geez, I wrote that twice? I did get lost in it) :lol:

Nubbed at 5:55PM CST.

SCORE: 93

An instant classic. I'm hoping they get better and that I don't run out too soon! :)

Thank you for reading.

• 3 months later...

Very cool review.

reassuring to know that people still use paper and pen/cil. i can hardly write anymore.

anyone notice an affinity between these overpriced Behikes and Mag 48 E.L.s? - i found them both to follow similar flavour profiles (with differences of course - Behike a touch milder and richer and 48 a bit more cocoa ... very approximate memory).