HDM Short Hoyo Piramides EL 2011

had a single in the humidor and pulled it out last night. did not check the reviews first - always prefer not to be influenced, if possible.

now, really interesting to read the reviews over the time. they vary so much. some very strong supporters and strong detractors.

my first thought was i'm really glad i only have a single. a seriously disappointing stick. so poor, in fact, i would say that the only positive thing i can say is that it is not the worst of the LE's (poor old Monte C) but awfully close. a wind tunnel that took a lot of time to settle and exhibit any flavour. the entire time, it seemed unbalanced and uncomfortable.

being generous, 80.

i am not to be numbered amongst the supporters.

I've smoked two from my box. One was wonderful (easy 93), one was a bit better than what Ken described...but not by much. "Consistent, these are not" might be the name of the game here, but two samples are hardly enough for me to render a good opinion! I'll light one up this weekend and post a review, if I'm able.

I've smoked two from my box. One was wonderful (easy 93), one was a bit better than what Ken described...but not by much. "Consistent, these are not" might be the name of the game here, but two samples are hardly enough for me to render a good opinion! I'll light one up this weekend and post a review, if I'm able.

sounds very much like they are inconsistent in the extreme.

sounds very much like they are inconsistent in the extreme.