H Up Mag 50 - MOA DEC 09

asmith

We reviewed this a couple of years ago and Rob is a little concerned they may be discontinued so we have reviewed them again.

do not know about discontinued, but after USE OCT08, being the only H.Upmann's Mag50s, nothing else ever came close

What kind of age do these typically need to shine? I had one that was around a year and I really got nothing out of it. Gonna save the rest for a while.

By the way, loved the dropping of the remote in the bucket and also when Smithy faded to black on Ken's comment, lol.

i still can't get over the green plastic chair for rob. hate to bag you mate, but if you're buddy is coming over to smoke $40 cigars and drink fine wine, put him in a proper chair. :innocent::covereyes::covermouth::wink2:

he could have had a dozen chairs for the cost of the wine. and i could have had three dozen more for the cost of the glasses he has broken. he is on probation chairs and mugs till he stops breaking things.

and stops wearing purple. disco is dead, people.

What kind of age do these typically need to shine? I had one that was around a year and I really got nothing out of it. Gonna save the rest for a while.

Some shine right off the bat. They are the ones with a nice oily sheen to the wrapper and a sweet fruit/woody aroma out of the box. They all benefit from a few years (3) of age but in my experience an oily sheen is the key.

Some shine right off the bat. They are the ones with a nice oily sheen to the wrapper and a sweet fruit/woody aroma out of the box. They all benefit from a few years (3) of age but in my experience an oily sheen is the key.

Thanks!

The few I have had have been very good. I think its a very underrated cigar in the H Upmann line mainly because of the huge following the Sir Winnie has.

If I had the room and the dollars would gladly grab a 50 Box., my 10 box will have to do at this stage

Sharks

• 3 months later...

LOL, you characters! Great review and I smoked an original release the other week from ABR 08 I believe and it was OUTSTANDING! No surprise these 09's are beginning to hit their stride.