Prometheus. Who has seen it?

I've been waiting for this Ridley Scott epic "prequel" to Alien ever since the movie was announced about two years ago. It has been released in Europe thus far. It will be released here in Canada June 8. For those of you that have seen it. What were your impressions? Does it live up to the greatness of the first film? Does Sir Ridley have a winner on his hands? I've heard the "scary" bits are over the top in comparison to the legendary "chest burster" of the first movie. And most importantly, does the story do justice to the theme at hand? That being the search for mankind's creation at the hands of alien entities.

and please...no spoilers!!:covermouth::covereyes::coverears:

Can't wait for this. Going with a few buddies next weekend hopefully.

I'm going to try and go opening night with the woman. Oh boy is she going to reget it! :lol: I usually wait a week or two on new releases but for this movie..I can't!!:covermouth:

The must watch Movie of the year for me ,

Loved the Original Alien and James Cameron's sequel ,the others not so much ,but Sir Ridley Scott does not make crap films

Needless to say I am going on my own ;)

OZ :cigar:

I've been waiting for this Ridley Scott epic "prequel" to Alien ever since the movie was announced about two years ago. It has been released in Europe thus far. It will be released here in Canada June 8. For those of you that have seen it. What were your impressions? Does it live up to the greatness of the first film? Does Sir Ridley have a winner on his hands? I've heard the "scary" bits are over the top in comparison to the legendary "chest burster" of the first movie. And most importantly, does the story do justice to the theme at hand? That being the search for mankind's creation at the hands of alien entities.

and please...no spoilers!!:covermouth::covereyes::coverears:

Really there is another Alien movie coming out!!!!!! I haven't even heard of this, I can't wait...............

Really there is another Alien movie coming out!!!!!! I haven't even heard of this, I can't wait...............

A "prequel" of sorts. Apparently the "alien" we've all come to know and love is not in it. The story revolves around the "Space Jockey" creature from the first film. Check out the previews on Youtube. There's about 3 of them. It looks great.

Well ive watched it!

Un-be-friggin-lievable.

One thing i will say there is only 1 very subtle reference to the other alien films and the film isnt actually a prequel.

Storyline and cinematography are great and it will keep you gripped throughout, fans of the original alien flicks will be glad to know that they used animatronics instead of cgi wherever possible, but obviously the film is mostly cgi.

So i thoroughly recommend seeing it.

7.5 out of 10