Cigar Review: Quai D'Orsay Imperiales

Quai D'Orsay Imperiales Czar PSP

Box Code: OCT 2010 POL

Appearance: nice , shiny, oily colorado wrapper. Smooth and lightly veined.

post-6763-0-83833400-1341218776.jpg

Aroma at cold: Sweet tobacco. Slight chestnut aroma to it. A first! Some cocoa/chocolate as well.

Going to give this a punch as I've had some good luck on that these days.

Crappy photo, excellent punch.

post-6763-0-96203000-1341218807.jpg

Cold draw a bit firm..don't foresee any issues though

FIRST THIRD

first draw is floral . Sweet tobacco. Honey. Smooth...tangy. Slight fruitiness..almost RA like. Cigar is gorgeous. Wrapper is so shiny and oily. Still tangy. Slight nuttiness & cocoa...elegant smoke good burn. Molasses. Cedar notes. Earthy. Very good burn. More cedar. Dry nuts. Floral. Walnuts..cedar...tangy...some baking spice notes now. Ash takes a dive...back to floral notes. Honey sweetness.

post-6763-0-57204400-1341218883.jpg

SECOND THIRD

Toffee. Nuts. Floral spices..hard to describe...what a blend..very clean tasting cigar. Honey. My La Escepcion's have been smoking like this. Still tangy tobacco...very dry, tannic nature to this cigar. Burn has been excellent throughout. A very slow black pepper burn emerges. Cigar is still mostly dry nuts, floral and tangy. Some cedar....floral..baking spice.. tangy tobacco. Sweet profile overall...subtle though. Toasty tobacco. The cigar has some unexpected strength..very slow buildup. My stomach is full after a nice meal of mushroom, asparagus risotto..maybe its the two glasses of Las Rocas Garnacha. :) floral..baking spice.

post-6763-0-33020900-1341218930.jpg

THIRD THIRD

Tangy tobacco..slight burnt sugar. Walnut dry nuttiness. Tanniny cigar. Slight peanut taste..very Punch like. Tangy. Like eating a batch of walnuts. Lots of tangy tobacco in this last third. Delicious cigar. I've had a few QdO Coronas,they were very unique cigars..this one has the same DNA but it has a few traits of a Cohiba in some cases and dare I say it ,a mild Cazzie..which is not a bad thing.:thumbsup: . the nuttiness is really pervasive in this cigar. Just delicious. Last third is steady, dry nut, tangy tobacco. Very solid cigar. Peanut notes make a reappearance here...good for a few draws..excellent..almost nubbed..toasty tobacco dominates...dry nut finish..

post-6763-0-28678000-1341219189.jpg

post-6763-0-41047500-1341219210.jpg

post-6763-0-19871300-1341219225.jpg

CONCLUSION:

I pulled this Imperiales out of the recent Canadian box pass. Such a gorgeous cigar. It smoked like a charm. Very "dry" taste profile overall, a Champage of cigars? :lol: but, still very tasty and worthwhile. This is still fairly young and I'd love to see how these age. As it stands, I say this is one fine cigar. Definitey worthy of a try for those of you that have not dipped into the QdO lineup.

SCORE: 91

Great cigar. I'm jealous of your ashtray! Quai Dorsay really is a brand I need to explore. Thanks for the review.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great review!!

Really want to try these!

Love your ashtray btw, where did you get it?

Dicko.

A local B&M has these ashtrays. They're pewter and come out of Mexico. They should be easy to find. If you can't find one down under they should be available online.

As for everyone taking this review to heart and about to place an order...Rob... I do take commissions. :):lol:

I'm glad everyone enjoyed the review.

Out of the three that came in the PSP sampler that I got from Rob a few months back, this being one, and then me trading away another to ChanceSchmerr at the herf, I have my solo remaining in my travel humidor to smoke sometime in the next week or two. I'm dying to try a few QdO PSP selections, as it really might be something that suits my palate at this point.

Can't wait to try them, and maybe add more to my want list with Di! :innocent:

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Had my first one of these sticks while sitting on the grass over looking the Quai D'Orsay in Paris. Spent 2 glorious hours sitting their with my new bride, watching the Parisian world go by us as the aromatic smoke swirled around us.

The most memorable cigar I've ever had and certainly one stick that I am intending to get hold of more in the future.

Great review!!

Really want to try these!

Love your ashtray btw, where did you get it?

Dicko,

I picked up a ashtray like that in Bali this spring for about $10. So if you are going there or know someone going there pick one up there.

post-12719-0-71930100-1369044871_thumb.jpost-12719-0-71930100-1369044871_thumb.j

Dicko,

I picked up a ashtray like that in Bali this spring for about $10. So if you are going there or know someone going there pick one up there.

Don't leave it outside if from bali