Juan Lopez

Where does good ole J L stack up on your list? This is one of my long time fave marcas and the #2 one of if not my fave stick. Hadn't had one in a while because we don't stock them, but had one today and man was it a welcome smoke. Truly a cream explosion. What a cigar.

What say you?

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=20.631687,-87.070531

Hi Rushman,

Your comments pretty much mirror my opinion of the Juan Lopez marca and the No2 exactly! I have a couple of boxes of No2 from late 2011 which are dark and strong, so I am hoping a bit of rest in the coolidor will settle them down into a more traditional JL profile.

Thank you for sharing,

Curtiss

I absolutely love JL1, because of it's mid range power and top notch construction. One of the most reliable cigars I know.

X2 - smoking my way through a 2011 cab of these and i haven't had a single dud. Construction, draw & burn are always spot on.

Per the #2 in recent production, I have not had any that tasted better than hot air.

Limited to ('08-'12) JL experience. I had heard it is exactly as smallclub describes from others.

JL2 is my preferred JL. I like to put as much time on the #2's as I can, so I have been hoarding them from various years. Had some 07s and picked up some more from the Vintage program, and they have a good amount more strength than 08/09/10. Sitting on 11's without sampling.

The JL1 reminds me of a Mag46 at times, but with a twist. I enjoy them, but smoke the #2 more.

The JL PC box I have is constructed like crap, so I can't really comment.

I will say, the Canada JL RE is excellent. $$$$ but a more complex JL2, smooth, rich and satisfying. (thanks Michel)