Johnson controls refrigerator thermostat

So while searching for a thermostat I came across this lovely creation on a cheese makers website. As many of you probably don't know making cheese is a very complex process and in the finishing/resting/aging of the cheese, proper temperatures are needed. So this guy uses mini fridges just like some of us would use for humidors. Now he added this Johnson's controls thermostat that works very differently. No wiring up anything up you just plug the fridge into the thermostat and the thermostat into an outlet. Turn your fridge on its warmest temperature and voila! A very accurate and easy to install thermostat.

Here's and eBay link to the product.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Refrigerator-or-Freezer-Johnson-Controls-Thermostat-/380361617482?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588f51b04a&_uhb=1

That's the best kind! Hahaa do you know of these thermostats?

Many people use these mate. The problem is that liquids, whether cheese whey or beer transfer energy differently than air. These use thermocouple type probes and they are not as sensitive to minor air temperature changes as you might want or hope for.

The people who use them seem to like them, people like me who don't have sound reasons (we believe) for not using them. Like all things cigar, choices, prices, performance are all factors.

-Piggy

I use the Johnson A419 on two Humidor units that I have built.

Brazo do the units you use work the same way? Plug into the wall then plug your fridge into the unit? Because looking at your pics of your beautiful creation(good job btw) I couldn't see how it was powered. I would prefer the digital styled units. But anyways I appreciate your help. I found the one you used for a good price and if the setup works the same as theone I posted I will definitely buy it. So if you don't mind can you explain how you set it up?

I used to control a room of about 150 reptile cages with 2 controllers..Johnson A419 and Spyder Robotics system. Both units work fine the only difference is if you want a proportional system (never shuts off) or an off/on system like the Johnson which when it reaches the desired temp/humidity the unit will shut off, then automatically turn back on when it needs to adjust something.