Impresive Cigar Collection

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple thoughts on video number 1

1. Why does he keep saying that the Maduro 5 you can't get any more?

2. That looked like mold on the Hoyo Corona, not ploom?

Great collection though so far.

Yup. That is the splotchiest looking plume I've ever seen. I never like to see "plume" like that on my stuff. ;)

Anyways, he has some nice stuff there

Also, I understand that as a collector's point of view, it would be ridiculous to smoke one out of a perfect box, but I don't think I could keep myself from at least trying one of each no matter how rare. It would be sad if he dies before he smokes a good part of that stash..

Oh I agree, I am quite confident you can get those... :)

"Never touched, never disturbed"

It always strikes me as a little sad when people go out of their way to collect great cigars and never smoke them. Seems such a waste. It's like buying a Ferrari but never even putting the key in the ignition. Do they own such things to just tell people they have them or what?

Each to their own, just seems such a shame and a waste. Imagine all the great times you could have with a group of friends smoking through those cigars such as MRN does.

I got the feeling that a lot of those will never be smoked. So many people end up passing away before opening their best cigars/scotch/wine whatever waiting for that "perfect" occasion. Its really a shame sometimes that they never got to enjoy them.

"Never touched, never disturbed"

It always strikes me as a little sad when people go out of their way to collect great cigars and never smoke them. Seems such a waste. It's like buying a Ferrari but never even putting the key in the ignition. Do they own such things to just tell people they have them or what?

Each to their own, just seems such a shame and a waste. Imagine all the great times you could have with a group of friends smoking through those cigars such as MRN does.

I got the feeling that a lot of those will never be smoked. So many people end up passing away before opening their best cigars/scotch/wine whatever waiting for that "perfect" occasion. Its really a shame sometimes that they never got to enjoy them.

+1 on both of these a shame really, the collector mind is sort of a sickness

Collecting in that manner really defeats their intended purpose to begin with, 90% will not be enjoyed. I feel bad for the cigars! Great collection though.

Yup. That is the splotchiest looking plume I've ever seen. I never like to see "plume" like that on my stuff. wink.gif

Anyways, he has some nice stuff there

Dunhill Cabinetta like you read about! I know there had to be at least a handful who paused the vid to look at the band.

...smoking through those cigars such as MRN does.

And you know Wayne smokes all of his cigars? Im just saying I don't. As for your, and presumably many others' viewpoint on collecting, people who I have met that collect vintage cigars do buy to smoke, but also bc it's a piece of history they want to preserve for posterity. The UK guys have a ton of crap they'll never smoke. But it's there so you know that it existed. This is different IMO than a website with a pic and a single representation.

Oh I agree, I am quite confident you can get those... smile.gif

you can get 100% of these...for the right price. :stir: especially the various tats and pork tenderloins in vid3 4:10. I'm pretty sure there was one guy sitting somewhere with bundles, getting rid of them last year. :whisper:

I don't know if the Monte5 is '80s. Some other nitpicks that don't really matter.

One would only hope to have such an excellent collection such as this.

And you know Wayne smokes all of his cigars? Im just saying I don't.

Even a brief glance at people's visits to MRN shows he shares his very rare cigars with friends and smokes them himself.

As for your, and presumably many others' viewpoint on collecting, people who I have met that collect vintage cigars do buy to smoke, but also bc it's a piece of history they want to preserve for posterity. The UK guys have a ton of crap they'll never smoke (someone will lol). But it's there so you know that it existed. This is different IMO than a website with a pic and a single representation.

I still stand by it's a waste of great cigars. The guy in the video says it numerous time "Never been touched" what's the point? I group doing that to cigars with people who buy mint condition toys/magazines and place them in sealed bags, never to play/read them because it would harm their value. If they say they get enjoyment from doing that good for them, but I reckon the enjoyment they are getting from doing that is a half truth/lie to themselves, fulfilling some kind of need to fill a hole in their lives with a materialistic gain.

JMO

Tatuaje taste better than Cubans?

A few comedic gems here. This guy reminds me of guys I used to know that collect sports memorabilia. It is all about tags, stamps, and esoterica rather than the intrinsic quality of a product. I want to hear how things taste. How they smoke. I really don't give a crap what the serial number is or how much the product has appreciated in value. I am not your accountant.

But I hesitate to be too critical. The guy has some cool stuff and it was nice that he invited everybody into his house to see his stash. Those wedding cigars were a nice personal item. But yeah. More time smokin. Less time strokin...

to the OP, I really appreciate you posting the vids and for the owner sharing his very impressive collection. whether or not he smokes them, strokes them or otherwise knows anything about them is none of my business, I just enjoyed the vids over a smoke of my own.

well done!