Impresive Cigar Collection

That is one insane collection. I myself am trying to not smoke too often because I am trying to fill up a new 50 quart cooler I bought. I want to have it filled so I can age and see how they develop. Before I would just smoke them as soon as I got them because I can only purchase so much do often.

Kudos for building such a massive collection and not touching most of it!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True... some his "valuables" were acquired during the times of abundant sales across the boards... :lookaround:

Just like I've discussed many times with my friend Demitri (see ramon_cojone's signature quote)... there are those who smoke for the flavor and taste... and those who don't.

Many folks are intrigued by different aspects of smoking (other than tastes and aromas)... the ritual of smoking, collecting, being seen with expensive cigars, the hunting of "special" cigars, flipping cigars for profit... etc., etc.

Personally, I don't enjoy acquiring cigars that will never be smoked. Just owning a specific cigar doesn't give me enjoyment. Smoking and sharing is what provides the enjoyment for me. Out of all the empty boxes that I've acquired, I can honestly say that the majority of the cigars gone have been smoked by my friends, rather than myself. No matter what the value, age, or rarity is... I have no problem pitching something that doesn't perform flavor wise. There are many rare/expensive/limited-release cigars that only added to the pile of cigar bands, but provided no smoking enjoyment for me.

khomeinist you've used that before get some original material wink2.gif

but yes some of the stuff said was suspect and discredited him a bit, where does this guy live again? LOL

I ain't stopping until I get royalties. I need memes...

Stroke on....

to the OP, I really appreciate you posting the vids and for the owner sharing his very impressive collection. whether or not he smokes them, strokes them or otherwise knows anything about them is none of my business, I just enjoyed the vids over a smoke of my own.

well done!

x2 - well said.

+1 on both of these a shame really, the collector mind is sort of a sickness

Collecting in that manner really defeats their intended purpose to begin with, 90% will not be enjoyed. I feel bad for the cigars! Great collection though.

Exactly my thoughts. It's great to get the chance to see some of these cigars, but I don't understand the guy's attitude or motivation at all. He's more interested in how much the cigars cost, and how smart an investment he's made, than in the cigars themselves. How many times in the videos does he mention how rare, or impossible to get, or expensive the cigars are? Count that, and then count the number of comments on how the cigars taste, or which ones he really enjoys smoking. He reminds me of some of the guys who buy up all the nice old violins and guitars, put them in a glass case, and never bother to learn to play them. But he loves to take musicians through his place to show them that he owns all these instruments they can't afford to own.

And why can't the musicians afford to play them? Because of people like him, who are willing to spend millions on a violin to let it sit in a vault. Anyway, congratulations to this guy on his collection. I hope the guys who buy the cigars when his heirs auction them enjoy them. I don't think he ever will.

Very cool videos. Certainly put my stash to serious shame.

As for the collecting angle, I personally think cigars and other consumables are interesting. I'm a gun collector, but I don't own anything I haven't or wouldn't shoot. But I own several that I won't take out to the range very often at all. Call them safe queens or whatever. But none of my guns will go bad over time. They could last for thousands of years if properly looked after. I don't see cigars and booze and things of that nature lasting forever. Might as well enjoy them while you can! :)

But as others have stated, it's definitely each to his/her own. And it *is* pretty cool seeing some old sticks like that.

Cheers,

Greg

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

Fantastic video & great collection thanks for sharing. Who care why he does it?? Mind your own business.

Ever wonder why HSA funnels so much effort, best leaf, etc. into EL's, Regionals, jars, etc., and discontinuing so much regular production? I think it's guys who like to 'have' cigars that drives these decisions, not guys who like to smoke cigars. He's got every right to do whatever he wants; I was commenting on his effect on the market. But maybe I'm wrong about that. Either way, it seemed a fair enough topic for discussion. I'll go mind my own business now.

Fantastic video & great collection thanks for sharing. Who care why he does it?? Mind your own business.

Just my opinion...

...but when someone posts information on a public website on the internet, I consider it to be everyone's business. This is just my skewed perception. :yes:

There is a saying in Spanish, "anillo en el puro pendejo seguro", this guy seemed more worried about showing off than anything

So Google translate says that means: "ring in the pure insurance *******". I'm guessing this is why translators can still earn a living.

Can you give us an English translation?

So Google translate says that means: "ring in the pure insurance *******". I'm guessing this is why translators can still earn a living.

Can you give us an English translation?

Haha. It means literally "ring on the cigar, ******* for sure" or very close to that, in other words, a reference to those who keep the ring on the cigar to show off what they are smoking, not that all smokers who keep the ring on are doing so to show off.

It just came to mind when watching the videos.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=20.631751,-87.070667

Why do you have to call people like that? "Fantastic" video? You must be an expert :rolleyes:

As for me, the pleasure of seeing all these beautiful cigars is spoiled by the comments…

Haha. It means literally "ring on the cigar, ******* for sure" or very close to that, in other words, a reference to those who keep the ring on the cigar to show off what they are smoking, not that all smokers who keep the ring on are doing so to show off.

It just came to mind when watching the videos.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=20.631751,-87.070667

Thanks. That's about what I was thinking about him too. Might be a nice guy, but no evidence in the video that I could see. My impression rhymes with "schmoushbag".

Just my opinion...

...but when someone posts information on a public website on the internet, I consider it to be everyone's business. This is just my skewed perception. :yes:

Spot on. Some folks can't handle critique and true discussion.

Nothing against the video or 'Rich!'

But if you are gonna talk about yourself, I am gonna talk about whatever I perceive you to be projecting..... And my perception may be totally debatable.

I swear some people display cultish tendencies....

FTR. The guy who did the video posts on www.reddit.com in the /r/cigars section. Upon concluding the video tour, the host graciously offered up some Davidoff 5000's to smoke afterwards, which they did. I guess he does smoke the odd one.