Impresive Cigar Collection

Thank you - nice of you and hopefully no hard feelings.

Cigar was a pre-dinner 10 yr old RASS and an older Partagas Princess after dinner - too windy for more .....

My compliments to your posts on the issue and my apologies for any misunderstanding.

Nino

Cheers Nino. If we run into each other in life, I hope that we can enjoy a cigar, a drink or five, and a few hearty laughs.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SLR Regionals from 2001??? Huh????

Oficios with an '05 date code? Is that possible?

And NIVELACUSO is not a box code. It is the code system HSA used starting in the mid 80's. A mid 70's RyJ would most likely have no box code on it...yes, I'm nitpicking, but if somebody has a "crazy" collection like this, you would think he would know something about cigars.

There are a lot of interesting comments by the collector that are blatantly false or exaggerated to impress the audience. Like you say, there are always people that know the facts in your audience so if you're going to share be genuine. Or at the very least, correct. When I hear someone say "you can't even get these anymore!" I always find myself wondering if there is a better reason than collectibility or rarity. Like they aren't good, and nobody bought them, so they stopped making them.

I apologize if my previous post in this thread upset anyone. I'll be honest ... I had to severely restrain myself from what I really wanted to say, lol. Like I said, I know Rich from another forum, and so when I originally read this thread I was admittedly upset, but chose not to post in the heat of anger. Instead I just didn't come to FOH for a few days. I'm not usually so thin-skinned, but it really bothered me that people were taking shots and making such judgements about someone they didn't know at all. But I admit that I took personal offense, and that's my issue, so I apologize if I added fuel to the fire here. I've wanted to post again since then, but it would have been even more ... unhelpful. So I'll just drop this now.

BTW, I'm smoking an Ashton ESG churchill right now ... and if you gave this to me bandless and told me this was a Ramon Allones, I'd believe you.

BTW, I'm smoking an Ashton ESG churchill right now ... and if you gave this to me bandless and told me this was a Ramon Allones, I'd believe you.

Id be hard pressed to think an Estupendos to be an ESG Churchill.

Really meant to have the thread die with that, sorry if you did not get the message. Oh well. Good luck to all.

This conversation was really outside of the collection and imo had been a long time coming;

My belief is that members who understand the FOH culture are protective of it and try to keep it from being lost.

I think repressed issues might be better discussed elsewhere, rather than aired out here.

I saw this forum almost divide like the great ones of past over very repressed sentiments in the schools of thought. Personally, I am of the camp that if the laundry is not aired out daily, it will stink, rot, and one day cause a whole lot of problems...

This might be just a bit overblown and dramatic, right? I mean, it didn't seem like it was really in danger of ending the world or anything, it was just some guys spouting off.

Too early? I mean no disrepect. But the man has a point! RIP Rodney.

Seriously though, Time to move on IMO.

Agreed. I mean...Ken and I have ding dong arguments! Stellar! However we don't take our bat and ball and go home rotfl.gif

SLR Regionals from 2001??? Huh????

Oficios with an '05 date code? Is that possible?

And NIVELACUSO is not a box code. It is the code system HSA used starting in the mid 80's. A mid 70's RyJ would most likely have no box code on it...yes, I'm nitpicking, but if somebody has a "crazy" collection like this, you would think he would know something about cigars.

And you would think someone who was criticizing would learn to use his ears. The guy clearly says SLR Regios but you were so quick to jump on him you chose to ignore the obvious.

Great collection of cigars. I am envious and if I did have them I would be sure to show them off in a video just to make people mad because I am not doing what they would with the cigars.

Great collection of cigars. I am envious and if I did have them I would be sure to show them off in a video just to make people mad because I am not doing what they would with the cigars.

Nobody's mad though perhaps you should read through the comments to see what their point is?

Just saw the vid (one) and this thread now.

Nino is spot on. The ranting of home psychologists is the reason 99% of collectors will never showcase their collections outside of their personal friends.

"oooooh" did you hear what he said at 3:53?

"oooooh" did you notice the band at 4:01...it didn't look right

"oooooh" he is collecting them for the wrong reasons

"oooooh" I would never wear that shirt

Seriously some of you people are cigar Kardashians with a Thesaurus. Drama queens looking for a stage.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Reading some of the comments here, I can understand friends with large collections choosing to be and stay anonymous.

Sure, no hatred, but : who needs hobby psychologists giving you pp advice on what to do with your own collection or speculating wildly about your motives ... ?

Sometimes a cigar collection is just that and Napoleon is a long dead dwarf.

Well said!

A lot of hater that just can't stand others having nice collection.

Very nice of this guy sharing his collection.

And thank you Nino for speaking up!!