is your stash safe?

Mine just got trashed rendering 90% unsmokable and broken humi. I ad about 3 full boxes before. Luckily my few tubos survived in tact.

Let's just say that my home life is going through a few ups and downs right now to put it ridiculously mildly. My wife can be like a bull in a china shop.

Will definately learn some lessons from this.

I have been there Graham....

The first things I moved out of my house when my marriage went south were my humidors and tobacco accessories. Bull in the china shop indeed.

Hope your situation improves and that you can replace your losses soon....

My father is the biggest threat to my sticks but he got me into the hobby so as far as Im concerned he can smoke whatever he wants. I just give him a look and he laughs.

Thanks for the support guys. I hope we can work it out too. The trouble is that my wife suffers from serious depression but otherwise she is lovely. We will see.

Now having a monte2 "short" with a Hennessy, both taste surprisingly good despite the circumstances.

Hope things get better for you and your wife Graham. i'd gladly sacrife 90% of my stash in order for me and my wife to reconcile...just saying. Cigars come and go, you cant replace the one you love.

Thanks for the support guys. I hope we can work it out too. The trouble is that my wife suffers from serious depression but otherwise she is lovely. We will see.

Now having a monte2 "short" with a Hennessy, both taste surprisingly good despite the circumstances.

sorry to hear that, especially about your wife's depression, hopefully she will see it through.

and i hope you have the cash to start rebuilding quickly... at least there is a lot less habanos crap floating around than there once was...

Yikes! Sorry to hear that. When I moved out from my first wife, I only took the Lotus at first. Didn't have any cigars then. I came back after the first night away to a pile of cut up Hugo Boss suits and shirts and ties in my garage. She managed to cut up every single business article of clothing that I owned except what happened to be at the dry cleaners at the time. :surprised:

I can guarantee you the Lotus would have been in flames, had I not taken it with me that night.

Best of luck!!

Sorry to here Graham covereyes.gif

I can't begin to tell you how common it is. We have a local member whose wife after an argument threw all his cigars into the kitchen sink....and then filled it up!

Sorry to hear this Graham. Hopefully you guys can work it out. Having gone through what your wife is going through, I can say that support and and understanding from loved ones is the foundation to healing. I would encourage seeking professional help if you aren't already.

sorry for you losses ....what doesnt kill you only makes you stronger brother...hang tough...anyone interested in helping him rebuild? 1 cigar at a time

Mate, really feeling for you!! I've had women blow up at me in all sorts of ways but luckily the cigars have survived so far :lookaround:

All the best with whatever happens...

Yikes! Sorry to hear that. When I moved out from my first wife, I only took the Lotus at first. Didn't have any cigars then. I came back after the first night away to a pile of cut up Hugo Boss suits and shirts and ties in my garage. She managed to cut up every single business article of clothing that I owned except what happened to be at the dry cleaners at the time. :surprised:

I can guarantee you the Lotus would have been in flames, had I not taken it with me that night.

Best of luck!!

Wow that is horrible! Luckily they were just hugo boss.

Same thing happened to a mate of mine, he came home to a closet full of cut clothes.

Mate, a lot of people are at the end of their chains today for a lot of reasons. Smokes are replaceable, some of them anyway, but living in misery is time lost, but sometimes spent in necessity. Chin up amigo and enjoy the cigar you are smoking.

If it does not offend you, my friend, I will say a prayer that things get better for you and your wife.

Cheers. -Piggy

I'm really sorry to hear about this Graham. Buy yourself a locker at your nearest cigar bar and store your future cigars there. You are a self employed lawyer, so you can expense that.

As for your wife, that's a bigger hill to climb. Help her. When you can't help anymore...well.

Hi Graham sorry to hear mate, im going through a similar boat at the moment my wife has a brain tumor and is depressed and now to top it off im on workers comp for a bung knee.

Chin up brother hope you can pull through it always helps to talk/vent to others that are close to you.

Actualy smoking cigars is good therapy against depression.

Seriously, I hope things get back to normal quickly. I have been through the same situation you are and really, the best way to go about this is through medication AND active therapy with a reputable therapist. Otherwise it is only going to be redundant and get worst.