Call for Donations: Toronto MegaHerf

Okay, just want to update this thread, as we've been working on some things behind the scenes for this.

Firstly, I edited my post at the start of the first page. Basically, I'll have a standard 5-er in the "Grab Bag", and will have the 5-er of Czar's HQ/PSP sticks as a standalone auction.

Also, we're working on doing some bidding sheets for the silent auction. So far, we have a rough, somewhat firmed-up draft of who's bringing what to contribute:

1. Original cigar-themed artwork (from Frank / “bundwallah”)

2. Bottle or two of something (from Frank / “bundwallah”)

3. 5-er of miscellaneous cigars (from Frank / “bundwallah”)

4. 5-er of miscellaneous cigars (from Riaz / “riazp”)

5. Cigar prints, x 3, each 9”x13”, Cohiba/Montecristo/Jose Piedra (from Pedro / “DonPedro”)

6. Parrot Car Bluetooth kit (from Gary / “LLC”), est. retail value: $119.99 CDN

7. Original artwork (from Lisa / “canadianbeaver”)

8. Artwork print (from Lisa / “canadianbeaver”)

9. Rocketfuel Coffee (from Lisa / “canadianbeaver”), est. retail value: $20

10. 5-er of Czar’s HQ/PSP cigars (from Keith / “CanuckSARTech”)

11. CanuckSARTech’s grab bag (from Keith / “CanuckSARTech”)

12. 5-er of miscellaneous cigars (from Chris / “ChanceSchmerr”)

13. 5-er of miscellaneous cigars (from Simon / “Strada”)

14. Two x 3-pack variety from Nino’s personal custom cigars (from Nino / “nino”)

15. Bottle of rum (from McGregor / “TheMcG”)

Basically, if you see your name on that list above, I need you to PM/e-mail me, and confirm with me you're still bringing said item. Also, I need a rough estimated value - it'll help with the auction bidding. There's only a few items there that I have a valuation for. Please let me know a dollar amount - just put down what you think or know to be the "estimated retail value" of the items in question. If it's cigars you're putting valuation to, surprise me - use a common price guide, or the Czar's store listings to guesstimate it (it's just for mental valuation for the silent auction).

Also, if you changed your mind on the item, or someone additional is bringing something, please let me know.

Send it all via PM or e-mail please (e-mail best with this, just use the e-mail link in my FOH member profile page, if you don't already have my e-mail).

If possible, I'd like to have everyone's responses back for the end of this weekend, so I can get this wrapped up.

Again, thank you to all for contributing and donating. It helps to make this a great event.

I gotta say, a phenomenal outpouring of support so far...but we'd love to see more.

At this point, 47 or so confirmed attendees (correct me on that number if need be, Frank), and so far for the silent auction, we actually have 24 different auction lots promised, with a total estimated value of just over....$1700 CDN. :spotlight:

Now, that's not money raised....not quite yet. It's just the estimated value of the donated items so far. But that's still just awesome.

But let's not stop now. :thumbsup:

Everyone please commit to bringing something if able (please PM or e-mail me any particulars/details :pooped: ).

And at the very least, please be sure to bring your :dollarsign: out to this event on Saturday, to support this very worthy cause - we'd love for nothing better than to set a new, higher bar :perfect10: for a total donation amount that we're able to contribute towards Freefallguy's Nicaraguan mission. :2thumbs:

Cheers, all. Keep it coming! :clap:

• 4 weeks later...

Proud and happy to have contributed to the project -

Andreas the pharmacist and me tonight at our village Pizzeria : The Calm after the Storm :)

post-4742-0-51998700-1345492024.jpg

That is one great looking shirt! :surprised::innocent:

Many thanks to you Nino and everyone who donated to the silent auctions. :clap::clap::clap:

Just wanted to take a minute to confirm donation rec’d from our generous Canadian friends. Many many thanks to Frank and Keith and all for getting this done. I will hand carry these funds on my next jaunt. Muchas gracias mis amigos! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...