Compressor fridges

Themis

So for the few out there who insist on compressor based fridges for humidor conversion, tell me howww! What exactly what modifications did you make to avoid the compressor creating fluctuations in humidity? It's a shame cuz I wanted thermoelectric so I cold keep it in my room nice and quiet but hey here in canada you can't find any thermoelectric for a reasonable price. So I'll just stickit in somewhere else. Anyways guys keep it simple I'm not all that huge on tinkering with very complicated wires lol. Bt I'm ok. Anyways just the modifications to avoid the humidity fluctuations. Thanks gents.

I've built a couple of these.

http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=107098&st=0

And just finished a 21 cu. ft. Unit resembling this.

The Vault

http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=100310&st=0

I've built a couple of these.

http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=107098&st=0

And just finished a 21 cu. ft. Unit resembling this.

The Vault

http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=100310&st=0

Hmm I c. I have read your post of your kenmore a out 4 times before as well lol. So essentially all you had to do to was add a ton of beads for a good buffer and plug your drain hole. I have a hydra humidifier with three external fans anyway that I was. Going to use regardless so I have no worries there. My only concern was to compensate for the compressor. And you stated in y our post you got a fair bit of beads In there and plugged the drain hole to compensate for the compressor altering the rh. Plus the oasis. I have the same Johnson control you have and I know how to set that up too just thought I'd let you know lol. It's going to e the exact same as yours.

My cigar oasis has beads in it, not foam or gel. I used about 4-5 lbs of beads in that unit. The main priority in maintaining the best conditions with the most consistency is with the johnson control. Setting your differentials and your cut off times are key. I had mine set for 65f, at a differential of 2 degrees and to only run at a max of two minutes at a time.

I did plug the drain, but drilled a new hole in the drip tray and ran vinyl tubing down and back into my cigar oasis, through a hole I drilled to recycle any condensation. 4c0af35e-a583-8bc7.jpg4c0af35e-a58e-d75d.jpg

My cigar oasis has beads in it, not foam or gel. I used about 4-5 lbs of beads in that unit. The main priority in maintaining the best conditions with the most consistency is with the johnson control. Setting your differentials and your cut off times are key. I had mine set for 65f, at a differential of 2 degrees and to only run at a max of two minutes at a time.

I did plug the drain, but drilled a new hole in the drip tray and ran vinyl tubing down and back into my cigar oasis, through a hole I drilled to recycle any condensation. 4c0af35e-a583-8bc7.jpg4c0af35e-a58e-d75d.jpg

So you set the differential with the Johnson control, but the max run time how do you set that? Also through the Johnson? And my last question is with the drip tray, is that up on that little ledge? And do you have a picture showing where you ran your wires for your Johnson from the inside, and also where you drilled the new hole? I understand if you don't want to take more pics lol. Just would be convenient. I really appreciate all your help and I really want to be converted to a compressor lover because it all makes sense the pros and cons compared to the thermoelectric.

I have been using a compressor driven wine fridge for 10 months now without any problems and with minimal (if any) modifications. However, I keep my cigars in their boxes and none are setting in there naked.

My setup:

1- cigar oasis (crystal gel)

2- 3 lbs of heartfelt beads (spread around)

3- had a bit of an issue with water in the drip tray at the back so I added 2 lbs of unscented kitty litter their ( not necessary - solved my problem though)

Keeps a solid 70/70. Drops to %60 RH when the compressor kicks in (1min every hr) but goes up to my desired RH in 30 seconds once idle

Hope this helps ;)