Some new art

One of the things I was naturally blessed with, besides dashing good lucks, :P was some artistic ability. As a kid I'd draw, paint, sculpt, etc. In my 20's i discovered IT and made a career out of it and kinda forgot about art. Through the next decade or so I did the odd sketch or watercolor but never really gained momentum. This summer I decided to change that. I signed up for a gallery show. That gave me a deadline and the incentive to create something! This Thursday I deliver my two canvases to the gallery. They are below. Be kind. It's been a while. :unsure:

A bit of a surreal/abstract work. Did this one right on the canvas, no presketch, just powered through it.

post-6763-0-29983100-1343185228.jpg

This one might seem familiar. :)

post-6763-0-20585900-1343185236.jpg

Paint on an LE Cohiba band, and add an extra zero onto the end of that number - Art'll grab it up. He's rabid like that. :dollarsign::teacher:

lol, x2 :thumbsup:

I see the top one as George Washington. His face is in the left brain and the cherry, and the brainstem tree. The eye, well that is seeing the truth!

Good efforts mate. Cheers. -Piggy

Thanks Ray. Oddly enough..I see GW too! And it was not intended. I'm pleased you found something in the painting that "spoke" to you. :)

Cheers,

Frank

Thanks for all the kid words folks. :cigar: Here's one more painting. I'm donating this one to the herf. It's a basic panel painting, illustrating the growing, harvesting, making and eventual enjoyment of a cigar. Set to a rich brown tobacco background and then adorned with cigar bands that were collected at previous herfs. :)

post-6763-0-55868800-1343390736.jpg