Custom rolled dalias Jorge Lopez

So gents I'm a just curious of anyone who has smoked Jorge Lopez custom rolled cigars. He was a master roller out of the upman factory. I have a bunch of his "Monsdale" viola which is a dalia. But anyone who has smoked any size comments would be appreciated. Cheers.

I had one last night. They are really good. I smoke one or two a day when I'm in Cuba, I haven't had a bad one or one with any draw issues. As for flavours, like any Cuban shop cigar I wouldn't describe them as having any spice. Just clean well-balanced, sweet cocoa/coffee flavours. These generally have a nice balance and progression. One of my favourite cigars but I don't smoke them that often outside Cuba.The flavour always brings me right back to Havana.

• Like 1

1345058187[/url]' post='330687']

Are they still considered monsdales if not rolled by Enrique Mons?

I believe so. In fact I don't think even Jorge rolls that many anymore, I think he's too busy behind the counter. Though I could be wrong.

So gents I'm a just curious of anyone who has smoked Jorge Lopez custom rolled cigars. He was a master roller out of the upman factory. I have a bunch of his "Monsdale" viola which is a dalia. But anyone who has smoked any size comments would be appreciated. Cheers.

He is house roller for the club habana LCDH in Miramar, Cuba.

• Like 1

Mr. Lopez's rolls have always been excellent. He is my favorite roller these days (albeit I have only sampled a handful of others). That being said, where did he get the tobacco that he used to roll your Monsdales?

I was speaking with him when he was in unionville last November and he told me it was tobacco harvested in 2008. I have 11 monsdales and have yet to smoke one. I had smoked 5 of his coronas before which were good but not like I expected to be honest. I find his rolls to be much under filled from any other customs I've had like hamlets.

• 4 years later...

Had the pleasure of meeting Jorge when in Cuba last year. Bought a few monsdales and a bunch of other of his customs. Monsdale is in my top 3 cigars ever smoked. but all the customs from him were excellent! Gifted one to @torsion and @Joshtupps

5 hours ago, Sunsmoke said:

Had the pleasure of meeting Jorge when in Cuba last year. Bought a few monsdales and a bunch of other of his customs. Monsdale is in my top 3 cigars ever smoked. but all the customs from him were excellent! Gifted one to @torsion and @Joshtupps

Seriously one of the best customs I've smoked!! MORE!!!! @Sunsmoke please and thank you :D

• Like 1