FOH'ers Daily Beer

kevinfj

Right boys, I am on my way to a Russian Circles gig in the Valley. So I thoughts I would hipster out the whole evening. I am riding my fixie and have a JLPC in my pocket. Stopping by the Newstead Brewing Co for a couple brewskis!

It is rad drinking in a brewery! Smells fantastic!

aje6e8y4.jpg

e5anudun.jpg

And first up is their IPA!

e3u6eby7.jpg

It, is, gorgeous!

From my mobile phone

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Treehouse haul plus Pol Roger

Thursday seems to have been a good day ...same drop Date for this one ☝️ And it’s ??

Christmas drinks with mates. Couldn't resist.

3azaragy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dark Horse is a local fav of mine. They're Double Crooked Tree is prob one of the best IIPA's Ive ever had. It's 12%abv but you don't even taste the booze, try and find some if you can. Their Plead the Fifth RIS is also one of my fav stouts, 11% and extremely flavourful and wonderfully rich. If you can't find the double crooked tree LMK maybe we can work something out.

Monks Blood from the folks at 21st Amendment brewing. A very nice and unique take on the Belgium dark ales e2yhatys.jpg

Dark Horse is a local fav of mine. They're Double Crooked Tree is prob one of the best IIPA's Ive ever had. It's 12%abv but you don't even taste the booze, try and find some if you can. Their Plead the Fifth RIS is also one of my fav stouts, 11% and extremely flavourful and wonderfully rich. If you can't find the double crooked tree LMK maybe we can work something out.

Thanks for the suggestions! I will take a look around and see if I can find it. I'll let you know....

A very nice IPA from Indeed Brewing. Sniffing it was like smelling a tropical fruit juice sytaba9e.jpg

Picked up some Prairie Wine Barrel Noir looking forward to drinking one tonight. Maybe two just found out Fernandez is lost for the season for my Marlins.

I figured you have, but have you tried any of the No Label Brewing Co. beers out of Katy? The Pale Horse Ale is one of my new favorites!

I figured you have, but have you tried any of the No Label Brewing Co. beers out of Katy? The Pale Horse Ale is one of my new favorites!

No Label and my B&M are doing a craft beer and cigar event in October. Looking forward to it. Your Revolver blood and honey is now readily available here now.

No Label and my B&M are doing a craft beer and cigar event in October. Looking forward to it. Your Revolver blood and honey is now readily available here now.

isn't it fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!! The No label pale horse ale is also good. I may need to come down for that.

FYI, I'm coming down again soon, we will have to do the 2nd annual throwdown again!!!! I'll text you when it gets closer.

Harpoon IPA really SUCKS! However, their Leviathan IPA (Imperial IPA at 10% ABV) is really good. Go figure.

41093fc93f5daa09ff152a558a2cc646.jpg

LOL my thoughts exactly. The regular Harpoon is very meh while this is a standout in the IIPA range. Very smooth and the alcohol is hidden very well under a nice hop malt balance.

Just had my first KBS at a local place that tapped their keg today. Well it was a bourbon aged stout nothing special, alot more bourbon presence than Ive had in say Dragons Milk a personal fav, and had richness and a real chocolate tone to it but I don't see the hype. Given the choice Dark Horse Plead the 5th, Great Lakes Blackout Stout and the reg Founders imperial stout tick the boxes just as good and those aren't even the barrel aged versions. To each their own but I'm glad I finally got to taste it. Would I wait in line to buy KBS sure keep 2 and trade the other two.

Tonight after dinner drank the Dark Hollow RIS bourbon barrel by Barrel House brewery. Hands down the BEST bourbon aged stout I've ever had, this is after having KBS on tap last week. While KBS was very bourbony this brew just ticked all the boxes, Rich, chocolatey, vanilla and a little touch of bourbon on the finish just melded perfectly together and no sense of the 10%abv, an amazing beer only bought one bomber next year itll be alot more. No need to search out or wait in line for KBS when this is readily available when its issued.