kevinfj

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Treehouse haul plus Pol Roger

Thursday seems to have been a good day ...same drop Date for this one ☝️ And it’s ??

Christmas drinks with mates. Couldn't resist.

Another week or so until Good Beer Week in Melbourne, Australia. Local brewers are firing up with collabs. Have quite a few on pre-order to arrive in the next week or so. Lots of anticipation seeing as we've missed the last couple due to COVID lockdown. Only problem is that prices have increased because of govt tax trying to get money back from the last couple of years. Time to pick and choose wisely. Looking forward to enjoying a barrel-aged milkshake imperial DDH Triple Imperial pavlova, dragonfruit and marshmallow pastry sour for $27 a sip. Ha ha! Stay tuned.

• 3 weeks later...

Good Beer Week in Melbourne is over. Was able to get to a couple of favourite breweries. Visited Mountain Goat in Richmond. One of the best beers was here, a cherry barrel-aged stout and also a 25th Anniversary triple IPA. Range Brewing were going strong in Abbotsford with their 4th birthday beers. Had them delivered and the Triple NEIPA Velvet Slang was the pick of them. Got to Carwyn Cellars late in the week and enjoyed quite a few rippers from the USA pint of origin collection. The pick of them was a pastry stout from Finback Brewery. A mate of a mate who is a bit of a beer nerd purchased a bottle of French beer for $90 from the cellar - Vigneronne 2017 Brasserie Cantillion Lambic, Fruit. Shared amongst 4 of us, was a touch special. Like a nice fruit driven riesling almost. Very complex and delicate. Probably good with a cold seafood platter perhaps. Another ripper was the Equilibrium Double Fractal Circular Inversion DIPA. Was juggling a slight head cold and a cracked tooth all week so the beer helped. Ha ha! Here's some pics looking a little worse for wear. Cheers

IMG_8576.jpg

IMG_8605.jpg

IMG_8595.jpg

IMG_8593.jpg

Also purchased a nice stout at the Carwyn Cellars bottle shop that was top notch from Firestone and Walker. Cheers

IMG_8620.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

One of my all-time favourite beers was in the bottle shop, perfect for the cold of winter. Founder's Underground Mountain Brown Ale. Toasty, roasty, chocolate, coffee, bourbon barrel aged goodness at 11%. All I needed was some smoked pork ribs or brisket. Wouldn't smoke a cigar with this beer. It's too good IMHO. Smoke the cigar after - probably a Monte 2. Our friends in the USA make some lovely beers and Founder's are no exception with this one and also the Kentucky Breakfast Stout and Canadian Breakfast Stout. Cheers. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

IMG_8965.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Not much action on this thread ATM so thought I'd invigorate it with some nice Spring beers. Been enjoying some Lambic style beers and some sours. I find the Lambic style to my palate now. A bit of barnyard funk and some smoked mussels and Compte or Gruere cheese first up before the palate dies is right up my alley. Also it's Oktoberfest time so tried some offerings. My fav is usually the Paulaner Oktoberfest bier Marzen but this year found it a touch thin. Could of been the travel in bottles and maybe being light affected or heat affected. Still lovely though. Liked the Hacker the best followed by the Spaten then the Paulaner. Cheers for beers!

IMG_9262.jpg

IMG_9264.jpg

IMG_9266.jpg

IMG_9222.jpg

and a local wild ale.

IMG_9185.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/17/2022 at 10:40 AM, Lomey said:

A couple of beers from the micro brewery up the road from us. Both excellent

I think it's good that there's a bit of a swing back to WC/Cali IPA's and WC/Cali Pale Ales with brewers trying to get the balance right between bitter, sweet, dank, resin and fruit. Been enjoying a few straight from a short spell in the freezer during the warm weather. Cheers.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bill Hayes said:

I think it's good that there's a bit of a swing back to WC/Cali IPA's and WC/Cali Pale Ales with brewers trying to get the balance right between bitter, sweet, dank, resin and fruit. Been enjoying a few straight from a short spell in the freezer during the warm weather. Cheers.

I agree about the swing back to WC IPA/PAs.  I like Hazy's, but they started to all taste the same and the market was very saturated with them.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

It's stout season in the Southern States of Australia ATM, and time for Brisbane's Range Brewing to put out their yearly big bold barrel aged offerings in limited numbers. Tried the 3 of them at their bar in Melbourne and, as expected, they were brilliant. Probably only one at a time but had a taster of the 3 and purchased some cans for home and to share with my local bottle shop guy. First was rich molasses, second was very rich dessert pastry stout with raspberry - like one of those raspberry chocolate coated bullet lollies and the last was big bold rich bourbon, coffee. And the Hazy Double IPA was great too. Cheers

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Had a couple nice Brews while I was brewing the last couple days. Love Left Hand Brewery Milk Stout in the Nitro can, Also had their imperial stout. Another was a Sticky Icky. I brewed 2, 5 gallon batches of a Lemon Grass Kolsch that I designed, lost one batch due to a leaky fermenter, Also did a Red Ale and an Oatmeal Stout. Yesterday I did a Russian Imperial Stout and going to do another batch of that tomorrow. I'll set those aside for a good year maybe up to 19 months since I'm predicting a 12%abv on them and need the aging to bring balance with the alcohol content. 

AIL4fc_5XbN8zNz0_mUpEsgjDLFemtSURTdKPYAG7flW69ZnVrr3PozMku8KD-qFvP8bCv8TE958plTi-1HDV9A76lKwi081UqRcUclDdDe94CLsy8tEW4HmpxiZ1hzgQ0G1ilHvGAYY8UjfkI1_iUYJcDTvsbiiWVYoOcnPUUcUm8I1jBKe7azhJFSoXIF6VJs_Mps557aLWE34Rnvv0yJLH8ErFoBLIKtYqSXRvI-haL5pmqKE31zzv7Dfja9ZLiwlliXald434_-RMeXtJNmh7hKRjqJnrAuWotGTDCjRYl7XFzPF2bl2NSQldFbnf6l6MpcZAjRRtUyHFvrPmI0pY8QNZuWup9XyDvsUnwTnZg8Ea8eHURa5xBBslIJwBsUFvxOZwOO9ljxowtNAwlT0lhbdLrKD54IRQXy3ga4d8pxfCpA9FcFe1glgSTFTlO1dzhJOPTZqj9lOicGbm8X4bR411hYYanuYfwiFYd6ux6SXwpBTSAijmy_WDEaEczI-d4MLe8BaFJLJuBgnkARjnU4KLp8IRmsToXZw4IOF6gBm68iYqIA9rerW5PN5f2z7fv0ezSkx6Bmf_o4JNtiYbAKFrknxmEwjryedkTW0SqnkAzJBHt3KFqcnyuMVj4_kpe_LitkdXrODPjSW86N7D22bugYyBjsnpyEAxAtGrlJJcQx7_VlnoPTgylUrJsra4RyFSSy-ZeHAmKXZdrzhfyjQlypg4uz_jOoiVbZ-eiYqHeZpn0PifPnV-xH9HqJ-qsrgqjd0duSwH2WH91_pQEa9vUteZpl6EDrNmlu4zL9D9VO8ealAYd-4sPPX8wnOHfnPIdqoowUbIAJ76B7sO5z252_KkTWmKqguVceMWWcR3lnNFButMPgNg1ml4iCua2jsQueMUmLnri2ypQY7dACVMpE=w753-h1004-s-no?authuser=0

AIL4fc_HOmYurn1Al_VGpYDfzc7kFZFSceb2aMR2G7iyFREHxMSW551vJTl9W-s5pQvFuN_aqnv9fnP6ntH_ZjhyO4RvZhb6DRPA7QEXg1nevp47yihpaCtfNq0PGXUHrDyOI9IG4wxJsLkLbyXj9cQArmwE3ehrV3o2sZ6PTJgiPTQPsMhjqOYcFVm26RAvyf7d-N2N5S1jNp87nNt2SgeAdo3ePPMzDHzAeIxk8SONYMWf160v17BjoeRb832j_lLrGwp7_KovAlqOoYtTBIUAykRbqrenjn1j_WZZpfdV2UcEq6qGZDLosGavHse68B-QDKboOlb4Rrb93Nj2FD_aj6W7WlPynSoilNL7hjquvPY0vJMZMejOdEZ4i7l6QBzZ15HnFE80ULhD49UlSqYAbwsS9anEHL6nQaDUND-EyRCEEtrlo8J-pAcK256tqXn-hjtCUsoTz5y8DiNU0KC3kymR6TV-CcIaxX6LNgLJbCcGibZWJ5eH3HWOC_42y6N4H0sLS3JDNMKfVQGP9ZMh8W2m1K-mOOUp_pNZVODB-hqUkKIq-5nA1AAA_ruKPCKY__JVRo7XNwAFU_CjcE4IHlwf-BtwEh6seK_sohvM0sUz3NpqifkXHGqZWQ89TdThKVH-SiGyKt8-TS1mxFnvWkLY3ngX1pkF2R-vABnMFs5eL7ZcTXX36uFQcEwxXWsHNijCFDYu8q7BXN26kRBhqCNtFY5EPQ-75o102V7J07AlvOY6rU6O4FU2EzC8GGPnuZmmA2NbsauB4wcgSto5IpaZRsR93tCRxFwKa5e5vdrs_IcYO9P5rEh2FIEggqwo1xdRPfIwUyi5RjhYj5WVhdPDsgUwrR0HO_Ogy48HFKVx-Eih-LGhf4YRWzSKIt3vVxVB5uHlq5RQEHp5jHT-ZesNrOQ=w753-h1004-s-no?authuser=0

AIL4fc9FCZJw9TCZA5YT_6aOJcehR3x_VtLqHoH4AmdUu0qujfBKC8X7rSTU7KyVkAzG0ZGaIeGGedSpEAmE61xOJDwuBwftpcqs0Bt0_haFAUWHd4KimXQ3iTSgwSFUQfeKs8pvvuTbpCxti3JlXs_CcfxB-sGqP0UstZzwMsKJQq4dFKfXTwswqQBUziyWKDBjwunY-aQCZdPbVdeH-ookuTPXn0V3xi2n02oTL49NTLVSvMiAJLF77CzUOsCeuKaXBsUZFPKubXIa3tWXVu6Nc2kCppQ1gpkhRbmoJvuPvesAyGcAC32oPE7yra-ayxBXqnBN0F6XAB8q7Ym7eMrx1N76lhznIthpveIJYN_bh5T4vlrptA-sUSWnqtYwA97U-1IJhCoHjNKLcNGN-GoQLvCtf2fwPZSjrO3xrYFdt9GohzbcI9Zi6lBIVDxPIezMunCIOq8gUw_lW3wJ8PDFpbcF-rFNCSECQyoeQNhdl6A7scDHGgsCYcKBPHcdIRkF1Q0omKCmGPlKiB9MEGMQGoCnF3mRKs1R6S7sQw-FbCF0iZ5SmQEZ0EcLxBHLEzfXghWevlUNFVvmyrrbM4sn1oWF6nkQ5BA8WEgJwbyt3_VuLgbgYxhlZ287bnVcn0_69UuytCPhCy5Q0gFLuHqjn1cWwcXMPJH9Dglvsf7HunJi-cw4cuMLi8fJMo_xkZX3EmLZ28nLSiGOPd8g7MdCIX_kNZs7ScKGuVvl8P-rRQYaC1kUk_QOXhvE9bXQaIKKIY5YrhWKcU0M3cuE4aiqBPPMXgghhyjgBKO1ri4axv13jTtX7yd9Ih7ZL3z5klgGxl1d_BZpB-S9Cs37V578BFe9wRciWhJbUISSdjCRnALZhrFUv47_i2rftDUDQc5DUnQ2YJIwlDwn7IIWuOiWExm0PcY=w753-h1004-s-no?authuser=0

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Posting pics ive been sitting on, this was a new one for me, we dont get Maine where I live but ive always enjoyed Lunch so I was excites to try this. One of the few things I'm jealous about Cleveland for, this is in the grocery store on the shelf like its nothing.

IMG_20231024_173325.jpg

This has been hiding out for a year waiting to be drank, it did not disappoint . I dont like these fresh, they are hot and bit thin and a mess, with some age, it really mellows out and allows it to be very drinkable despite the high abv.

IMG_20231025_213732.jpg

• Like 2