iPhone 5

iPhone 5 - Will you be getting one?  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Courses for horses. Both sides have their fanatics who'll claim their phone is the best and the other is a mere facsimile.

Going purely on specs, the 5 just isn't the game changer that that fans (and detractors) expected. For those who don't have an iPhone, an iPhone 4 of lower or an S3, the 5 is a good option. If you have a 4s or S3, it just isn't enough of an upgrade right now.

In reality, I could careless which phone you buy, I just love playing the "Apple Hater" card!! :D I mean, I do own a bloody iPod... okay it is a 40gb iPod Photo (2004 4th Gen iPod) and I haven't sync'd it in 3 years, but I still do own an Apple product.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im a blackberry user and always will (or well that is s long as they are still around but i will never use an iphone)

So sad about Blackberry. Overall they have a better product portfolio than Apple. I love using a real keyboard. FWIW I bought their Playbook tablet and I really love it. Great device, form factor. Not even close to the amount of apps for Ipad though. But still robust.

I will never buy an apple product ever. I have always been a PC guy over Mac and that plays itself out into other product lines too. Apple is too much of a way of life and religion for so many of their patrons and I for one, will not buy into any of it. Yes they do make good phones, but so do Samsung and HTC. Also nothing revolutionary here. I would still rather stick with my old Blackberry until I go Android mid next year.

^I used to be like this as well. I had a pc all configured to replace my archaic one two years ago and was about to submit the order. Thankfully my friend stopped me and told me to just get a mac. I didn't know what to expect coming from a pc but I quickly learned that it's just a superior product and experience. We joke about that all the time and I'm glad I listened to him bc everything I hated about pcs I never have to deal with again. Iphone is the natural choice too if you already own a mac plus their service is top notch I've heard so many good stories from friends it's unbelievable.

I use an HP laptop for work and a MacBook at home. Have used PCs since the very first PC XT and Macs since the Mac IIci. I am fluent in both and both have their little quirks and advantages. But for sheer quality of experience (meaning up through OSX 10.7 and Win7), the Apple ecosystem is simply more accessible and well put together. Now if you can accept my assessment without calling me a fanboi, especially since I don't regard myself as such...I'm an engineer, then we can keep on talking.

Like in cigars, use what you like, because you need to like what you use.

Wilkey

^I used to be like this as well. I had a pc all configured to replace my archaic one two years ago and was about to submit the order. Thankfully my friend stopped me and told me to just get a mac. I didn't know what to expect coming from a pc but I quickly learned that it's just a superior product and experience. We joke about that all the time and I'm glad I listened to him bc everything I hated about pcs I never have to deal with again. Iphone is the natural choice too if you already own a mac plus their service is top notch I've heard so many good stories from friends it's unbelievable.

There's some truth to that. Macs are great for people who aren't IT savvy. They just need a "computer" to do "X". Windows 7 has been a huge leap for the PC world. As much as I like Linux, it is not for the masses yet. Not on the desktop at least. What I hate about Macs are the closed nature to them. And then there's the pricing. For what any of their lines costs, I could build a far more powerful and flexible system. Everything about Apple is about separating their customers from their money without question. And shamelessly. Need 2GB RAM upgrade for that Mac? Sure $200 please. Need 2G RAM upgrade for your PC? $50. Otherwise, they are decent computers, though needlessly expensive and the O/S rocks.

All I know is that I held out on the iPhones until the 4s came out. Before that I had galaxy S. I went through 4 samsungs a year and then got fed up and got the iPhone, same one for going on 2 years. They do make them a whole hell of a lot better than that Samsung garbage. The technology might be on par between Samsung and apple but you have to make a device that can survive life and keep working. To me Samsung fails.

Interesting, I have the opposite experience. I had the first few iPhones and found them really limited in what they could do and being tied to iTunes (One of the worst programs you can install on a PC imo)was a real pain. When I got my Samsung S2 over a year and a half ago it was like a breath of fresh air, I could do so much in terms of customisation, the hardware was better (especially the camera) and subsequent Android updates have generally kept things improving. This is by far the longest I've had a phone and still been totally happy with it.

There's some truth to that. Macs are great for people who aren't IT savvy. They just need a "computer" to do "X". Windows 7 has been a huge leap for the PC world. As much as I like Linux, it is not for the masses yet. Not on the desktop at least. What I hate about Macs are the closed nature to them. And then there's the pricing. For what any of their lines costs, I could build a far more powerful and flexible system. Everything about Apple is about separating their customers from their money without question. And shamelessly. Need 2GB RAM upgrade for that Mac? Sure $200 please. Need 2G RAM upgrade for your PC? $50. Otherwise, they are decent computers, though needlessly expensive and the O/S rocks.

Exactly, I couldn't give a rats arse about customization and all that other jazz I just want it to be superior in the user experience. I hardly even use apps, I just need the internet browsing to be fast, efficient, same with text messaging, its camera exceptional, no problems, great after sales support. Funny you mention price because I bought my mac for 1k, exactly 600 cheaper than how I had configured my dell. Sure you can argue if you build it yourself it's cheaper but that's not exactly apples to apples. For 1k, my barebones machine is still performing flawlessly after 2.5 yrs, I don't even turn it off and it never slows down. Besides, you can upgrade the ram for a lot less than 200, that's just what apple charges at the point of sale so again some perspective.

My 32gb is on its way. Farewell Blackberry, it was a long painful journey. I'm glad to say goodbye.

In all honesty, I was a big PC guy and would not convert to apple products for the longest time. My wife "enlightened" me when we got married. She wouldn't budge from her Mac, and when her public school took her MacBook away when she quit teaching, she forced me to buy her a replacement. I thought she was crazy for spending $1500 on a laptop, when I could buy a PC version for a fraction of that.

Fast forward 3 years, and I'll never buy another windows based machine again. Apple products are that good.

I am forced to use an iPhone for work reasons - I would have a Galaxy S3 otherwise. Will get the iPhone5 since it gets me at least a little closer to the state of the art. This new phone adds nothing to the table, though, IMO. No pressure sensor, no NFC, and only a 4" screen.

Some of the comments here have to be some of the most ridiculous I've ever seen on FOH lol. Its hilarious to see what the apple haters come up with every year.

You can say the exact same about the Apple fanboys.

I am forced to use an iPhone for work reasons - I would have a Galaxy S3 otherwise. Will get the iPhone5 since it gets me at least a little closer to the state of the art. This new phone adds nothing to the table, though, IMO. No pressure sensor, no NFC, and only a 4" screen.

Claus its a phone not a big screen TV. ;)

i think everyone should experience having an iphone at least once. i'm surprised they didn't completely change the design like from 3 to 4. The main thing would be having 4G LTE, but i have another year left on my contract on my 4S and still having unlimited data, I'm in no rush to change it.

My dad bought an iPhone 5 years ago and raved about it. Then my older brother bought an iPhone and raved about it, too. My dad is 62 and my brother is a business major. My conclusion was that if you're old or dimwitted, you'll love the iPhone.

I use a blackberry curve for work and find it so fiddly and cheap feeling that I would never have one for my personal use. So glad I didn't buy it.

I have an iPhone 4 at the moment and I might go for the 5 early next year when my contract expires only because the battery is on the way out and the home button is playing up.

. But SWMBO has just got a Samsung tablet.which is really nice to use.

Maybe time for a change

I always wanted a iPhone but at the point of renewing my contract, I would look at the price difference versus other phones and think I'd only use it to make calls. Ditto this time, my contract is up for renewal and I do want the 5, but on the UK site its £529 for the phone pre-contract and I know its not going to be worth it post the glee of unwrapping the box and showing it to my mates. I use a buggered up Nokia and play with other people's iPhones when I'm curious apps and widgets.

God, I just read what I wrote above and realise I'm a cheapskate!

Claus its a phone not a big screen TV. ;)

One of my best buddies said tonight: I will get a Galaxy Note - I want people to not be able to see the side of my face when I am on the phone - it's so awesomely nerdy!

He wasn't really joking - he will actually get one when the new Note 2 comes out :rotfl:

Will you be getting the new iPhone 5?

O Hell yes, I'm the BIGGEST fan boy GIRL!

O I used to like iPhones but there's nothing new about this device

O Nope, no longer interested in iPhones & iOS

O I prefer Android & or other devices

X Waiting for iPhone 7 :smartass:

There ya go!wink.gifbiggrin.gif