iPhone 5

iPhone 5 - Will you be getting one?  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm sorry but your laughing out loud at the futility of Android as as OS over Apple's, whilst declining to offer any explanation marks you out as a fanboy. The late Mr Jobs would have been proud, as he wanted to go "thermo-nuclear on Android" (or something like that - you can no doubt correct me having read his autobiography!). Go Apple go Apple - iPhone rules okay...

If you cannot interpret my last remark as friendly banter then you should find another thread...

I might create a new thread everytime a new android phone comes out to get peoples thoughts, but a new thread every other day might become a bit tedious.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you cannot interpret my last remark as friendly banter then you should find another thread...

I might create a new thread everytime a new android phone comes out to get peoples thoughts, but a new thread every other day might become a bit tedious.

ahahahahahaaaa

I love how my friend's droid was outdated after like a month. Also notice how iphone users don't go into non-apple phone threads to start **** because they're perfectly happy with their devices.

ahahahahahaaaa

I love how my friend's droid was outdated after like a month. Also notice how iphone users don't go into non-apple phone threads to start **** because they're perfectly happy with their devices.

What is it about phone discussions that bring out the worst in people :rolleyes:

I am up for a new phone. I have a love hate relationship with my Iphone 4GS. With wifi on, I ca't get 5 hours battery run time. The advice I received from Apple was to download the new platform upgrade ...did it..no change. After that the advice was to drop the screen brightness, turn off Wifi and put up with it. Nice.

So will I be buying he Iphone 5...not sure. I have invested in apps etal. If I make the break now, I doubt I will be coming back.

No hurry. I will play around with the new Iphone 5, Samsung III and the upcoming Nokia. Will make my decision from there but I have to say I no longer automatically see Apple/Iphone as being the natural market leader in terms of Technology or user experience.

I have to also point out that having spent time in Chinese electronics factories with a good mate who owns Sony/Panasonic TV licenses for various countries as well as producing his own TV brand for Africa...while many different brands come out out of the same factories (or have parts supplied by the same factories), the production quality/specs can be vastly different. When you contract from these factories, you get exactly what you designate and pay for be it a Rolls Royce product or a Lada.

What is it about phone discussions that bring out the worst in people :rolleyes:

I have to also point out that having spent time in Chinese electronics factories with a good mate who owns Sony/Panasonic TV licenses for various countries as well as producing his own TV brand for Africa...while many different brands come out out of the same factories (or have parts supplied by the same factories), the production quality/specs can be vastly different. When you contract from these factories, you get exactly what you designate and pay for be it a Rolls Royce product or a Lada.

Exactly on both accounts.

Now if only I can get a decent box of d4s, current box 3 of 4 have been rolled too tight.

Such a lame thread. What passes for conversation these days.....

Tools for tools.....

Buy what you like. Who cares?

Less strokin.....

You, sir, have again added nothing to a thread by your jejune posting. The "strokin," I would argue, is entirely on your part. What exactly are your reasons for posting this? Wait, don't answer that rhetorical question. It's evident. See Rob's post a few entries before.

If you are in fact a "good guy" as those who know you and have chimed in to vouch for you, then it would be well appreciated if you brought some of that game to Friends of Habanos. In fact, I invite you to do so. I can see that you are not an intellectual lightweight and it's entirely your choice to live up to that. And it is our prerogative to deal with the results of your choice.

Wilkey

Actually I was concurring with Rob. Sorry that I did not use emoticons. Wasn't serious. Nice to see you posting after the Cigar Pass comedy.

Intellectual responsibility. Interesting topic. Start a thread. We can discuss the existential and epistemological ramifications. Cheers.

It's a sad day when folks get irate over cell phone discussions because their identity is associated with an inanimate object.... slightly understandable if you are 13 years old... slightly....

As I said before, there is no perfect phone. It depends on one's individual needs, requirements, and personal preferences.

One of the most profitable companies in the world, yet they squeeze every last penny out of the entire supply chain...

I think that's on of the reasons why they are one of the most profitable companies in the world.

Who cares whether the iPhone 5 or the Samsung Galaxy III is the best phone? Either way the next iteration of the iPhone will be out in a year and the next iteration of the latest Android phone will likely be out in 6 months. In either case, you phone will be quasi-obsolete in pretty much no time flat. Just select whichever phone works best for yourself, and be content that you made the right choice for you. Who cares what the guy next to you is using. It's not your phone, and your not being forced to use it.

That said...I've recently started using Apple products. Not necessarily because I think the product is the best. Hell..l'm still trying to figure out the difference between Mac OSX Lion and Mac OSX Snow Leopard. My wife has been a user since college, and until my office started switching over, I've been a hardcore PC user. I did end up purchasing an iPhone 4 about 1.5 years ago though as I was tired of carrying a cellphone and my iPod. Do I think it's the greatest...not really. It could be better, and I have problems with it...it's definitely faster than the Blackberry Storm II I was using prior to it.

However, what made me a fan of Apple, is an experience similar to Piggy's. I had purchase a MacBook Air about 8 months ago...had it for about 4 or 5 months and was getting the hang of it. One day my wife spilled her green tea latte all over the keyboard. Needless to say the laptop no longer worked. I brought it back to the Apple Store, explained the situation and asked what they might be able to do for me. After taking a look at it, they just gave me a brand new replacement. Go figure. I'm sure spilling a green tea latte on your lap top, even accidentally, is not covered by the warranty.

This past summer my 9 year old son was playing with a friend of his in the backyard. The were running around and goofing off and spontaneously jumped into the swimming pool. He didn't remember that he had his iPhone 4S in his pocket until he saw it floating in the pool a little while later. At this point he had this phone for maybe 2 months. Needless to say, even after drying it, the phone no longer worked. Brought it back to the Apple store to see if there was any way it could be repaired. After explaining what happened, they gave my son a new iPhone 4S to replace the broken one.

That is customer service...that is what keeps customers coming back. You don't need to have the latest and greatest if you can develop quality customer relationships. If so...customers will keep coming back.

Such a lame thread. What passes for conversation these days.....

Tools for tools.....

Buy what you like. Who cares?

Less strokin.....

I do find it funny when people feel the need to comment on a thread simply to tell others that they have no time for the thread. A contradiction?

As for your attempt to belittle the participants of this thread, if I can help you feel a little better about yourself then I'm pleased.

The crux of this discourse ultimately has to be that different devices suit differing needs and tastes. That said, there is no harm in discussing the merits of rival platforms and operating systems.