Ramon Allones Edicion Regional Libano Beritus

I had a friend coming back from Beriut and the opportunity was good to pick up a box of these. I’ve heard great things about them so why not give them a try. I am so glad I did! Sorry for the lousy pictures, I'm not good with a camera.

post-5877-0-36343700-1349432178.jpg

The Beritus is 52 ring X 5.3 inches. The packaging is very sharp with the varnished box. My box is #632 of 3000. Wrappers are dark chocolate and oily. The smell is of barnyard and cedar. The edmundo size feels great in the hand. Draw is excellent, slight tug which is great for me! Can’t wait to take this one to flame.

1st third

post-5877-0-25280300-1349432235.jpg

Very interesting start, I think I was expecting a start like a RASS but this is very different. I can tell immediately the strength is not like a RASS, this Beritus starts off mild. I’m picking up those core Ramon Allones flavors though. Ramon Allones is probably my favorite brand, but this is different, could this be a more floral Ramon? My initial thoughts are if you blend a RASS with an El Rey del Mundo CS this would be the result. Loving it so far!

2nd third

The burn was very good, ash held nicely. I’m getting loads of cream, honey, that floral component and that Ramon earthiness, but not too much earth to overpower the delicacy of the smoke. Strength is approaching medium for me. Wow, I need to stop what I’m doing and just sit back and enjoy this. This is a special cigar.

3rd third

post-5877-0-30723200-1349432267.jpg

Draw and burn continue nicely, The flavors are becoming more intense, Trying to slow down and get the most out of it. Lots more cream, honey, cedar and earth. Fabulous taste that lingers on the palate for a long finish. I am loving this cigar.

Don’t you love when you have a great experience with the first cigar you pull from the box? You got 24 more to go with high hopes. I really enjoyed this cigar, a 95 for me. I’m not sure of the aging potential, if they last that long for me!

I'm not usually a guy who chases ERs but if an opportunity comes up, I do like to try a one. If you have the opportunity to try a Beritus, I say don’t miss out.

Cheers

The beritus is a milder cigar, not a huge fan of it though RA is my marca. I think some of the other regional RAs are better but my buddy is fan of these (our palates are completely different though).

Thanks for the comment, if I may ask, do you find the Beritus staying true to the usual RA flavors with a large strenght difference (milder) or do you think it doesn't represent the marca well?

Thanks for the comment, if I may ask, do you find the Beritus staying true to the usual RA flavors with a large strenght difference (milder) or do you think it doesn't represent the marca well?

I've only had one and it was a couple of years ago so my memory is foggy but I do know it wasn't your usual RA in strength and I believe profile as well. I don't think it's fair to really draw a conclusion off of one cigar but maybe I should get some from my buddy since he has a box (I don't know if he will part with them he loves them LOL!!)

I've only had one and it was a couple of years ago so my memory is foggy but I do know it wasn't your usual RA in strength and I believe profile as well. I don't think it's fair to really draw a conclusion off of one cigar but maybe I should get some from my buddy since he has a box (I don't know if he will part with them he loves them LOL!!)

Thanks, if you try another I'd be interested in your thoughts. I can understand your buddy holding on to these, I'm doing the same!

Cheers guys, thanks for your comments.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The RA Phoenicia (Lebanon) RE, 54 gauge, for me, knock the socks off these. Have a box of the three libano RE s, including the torpedo format and the edmundo format, the Phoenicia IMHO towers above these, great review, thank you

Thanks for that review!

I have a nice new box of these (Ramon Allones Beritus) 0644/3000 waiting to be tried at the right occasion.

I think I might need to take a nice trip to Lebanon just to pick up a nice selection, I'd love to try Phoenicia and Eshmoun