Por Larranaga Montecarlos

sbmcduffee

PLMC is one of my very favorite Cigar Vitola's. I'm generally a 42 ring and under guy. When PLMC is on, it's cream and caramel. Not uber complex and just a nice smoke. I have 4 boxes of these laying around I think. Always want to have a box or so at the ready. I've seen them on the 24:24 for around $90 USD. When you see that, it's time to pounce. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Smoking through an EML SEP 14 box right now and I'm not disappointed. They do need some time to acclimate in the humi but after the 30-60 days they're ready to rock.  These are starting off on th

Having smoked my first one of these last night (a single, no idea of age), If I had a category of “biggest different between how expensive it tastes and actual cost” the PLMC would be my pick so far.

These are pretty sensational. I am almost finished with a TOS Sep 15 box, and the value here in pretty outstanding. Not just a very good cigar for the price, but a very good cigar, period. Maybe

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/31/2018 at 5:09 PM, leafdream54 said:

I have a couple of AME MAY 13 boxes that are smoking well.   There have been few from each box that have been rolled a little too tight..however, the majority are rolled well enough to smoke without a problem. They were good when I received them and are getting better and better with age - the carmel notes are getting progessively stronger, so I've been trying to pace myself to not smoke them all to quickly.

As a vintage (if you could classify cigars into such), '13s are seeming to need extra time to come around, but are one of the best in the last 15 years, perhaps only surpassed by the 07-08 box codes.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 7/2/2019 at 3:51 PM, Deeg said:

Having smoked my first one of these last night (a single, no idea of age), If I had a category of “biggest different between how expensive it tastes and actual cost” the PLMC would be my pick so far.  A really elegant smoke, and lasted an hour (and I didn’t have time to nub it, either). Construction and burn was perfect and there was a flavor evolution you wouldn’t necessarily expect from a skinny cigar.  Started out sweet with notes of cappuccino and vanilla, a bit of floral. Developed nice stronger coffee notes, and in the final third the body picked up to medium and a cedar note jumped into the fray.  All along there was a generous hit of twang - sweet-tart citrus, especially lime.  Very impressive.

What do you mean that you wouldn't expect from a skinny cigar? The reason I love Skinny cigars so much is because of how much they change over a session. lol 

On 6/10/2020 at 12:59 AM, Phillys said:

The PLMC is a staple in my humidor, such a great inexpensive cigar. Still have half a box of AME May 13 left, really good box, smoking really well now. 2015s are coming around.   

when would you say the caramel kicked in on the PLMC? Have a 2017 box that hasn't quite reached it yet. 

1 hour ago, captjimo said:

when would you say the caramel kicked in on the PLMC? Have a 2017 box that hasn't quite reached it yet. 

From my own experience, and from the boxes I have/had, it depends. Most will probably say 5 years, but again, it depends. 

I've had some that were more coffee, wood, bit of spice and not much sweetness at 6 years (I think 2012s). Then the next box, same box code, few months apart were starting to show hints of caramel 3 years in. The first box is long gone, but the second  box with the sweeter profile built a good caramel backbone with a coffee, cream aspect. Still have 2 from that box, will have to revisit.     

In my experience, I find that the PLPC exhibits more of the caramel profile and tends to build and build 5ish years in, but YMMV.   

• Like 1

Speaking about PL, I have only 3 Panatelas left from box of FEB 14. No plug tents, perfect condition.

That box is outstanding. The other day I had PLPC so plugged that I tossed it after 20 minutes of struggling with my quasi-perfectdraw. Then I took PLP and the profile was the same, but balanced.

PLPC, PLMC, PLP - best quality/money ratio

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, FireDigger said:

Does anyone have any theories on why the PLMC (or the entire PL lineup) is so affordable despite tasting great? Does it have anything to do with the cost of the raw material? Or it's all marketing isn't it?

PLMC is cheap for what it is and kind of unique as the only long and skinny in regular production (lgc no. 4 seemingly on hiatus) But PLP and PLPC are about typical prices for their vitolas.