The current king of the Piramides?

534 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Love that the wrapper shade didn't scare you off....  I don't get folks eschewing anything other than a dark wrapper.   "I don't want that. It's not dark enough".   Man, I've had some incredible smoke

Dip 2 all day long..

For me it is the Hoyo LE 2011... not on the list, sorry.

MC 2 when good is unforgettable but when off forgettable. For every good one I have five mediocre.

Rob sent me an unbelievable Montie the best thing I ever smoked.

Habana Mike dialed me in with an HU 2 that I have thought about repeatedly. Oily and unique flavor.
Nice.

Would love to try Unicos as the VR marca is very interesting.

Cohiba was good but would not pay for these regularly.

Very eager to try Diplo.

The biggest disappointment to me of any cigar last year --- Partagas SP2 all bad 10 out of 10.

Like many I feel, they have a love / hate relationship with Pyramides.

With the reputation that the Montecristo No. 2 has, you'd expect much better, but they are so hit or miss. I've had some wonderful ones, and others have been so ho hum it's heartbreaking.

The two pyramides I've enjoyed most over the last few years (and yeah yeah I know one isn't technically a piramide) are the Partagas Serie P No. 2 and Bolivar Belicosos Finos. The Partagas definitely needs time to develop but I've had no problems construction or draw. The Bolivar is a wonderful flavourful smoke that works well in the format that it is.

The other Pyramide that I would like to mention before finishing my post that I have been enjoying the last year is the Vegas Robaina Unicos. Lovely flavour profile, creamy, chocolate, a little dark fruit. The Cigar doesn't get a lot of mention but warrants a box purchase.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

First few PSP2's I smoked I didn't care for, but they're quickly gaining ground. I've never had a great experience with the Monte, but we'll see if the 2 boxes of HQ's change my mind.

First few PSP2's I smoked I didn't care for, but they're quickly gaining ground. I've never had a great experience with the Monte, but we'll see if the 2 boxes of HQ's change my mind.

The worst PSP2 I had was probably ROTT. Gave it two three months and it blew me away. Absolutely excellent sticks those things.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

H. Upmann #2 takes the proverbial cake....oily, sweet and smooth.

It's the #2 cake of cigars.

Regards.

No that's actually bad because that means they'll be discontinued since nobody else is buying them biggrin.png

I don't smoke many pyramids but the psp1 is king even though it's a petit. Forget bbf, the box of upmann 2s I had was mediocre, vrs have been yawn inducing, psp2 is the worst partagas in the lineup imo and I would have trashed the monte 2 except the recent example I had was very good. So with that said I'd rank the monte 2 as king. I don't think I've had a dip 2 but I don't care for the marca. I puffed on my friend's cpe and it was quite good but the one I actually smoked was awful. Horrible consistency for such an expensive cigar, you can bet I wouldn't drop any coin on those unless they reach the $20/stick level and were guaranteed to taste like the first one. I'm smoking esplendidos at that price point.