Ramon Allones Small Club Coronas, TEB JUN08

dB69

Ramon Allones Small Club Coronas, TEB JUN08.

I have already reviewed four small quality cigars, so why not going through a fifth one.

Cigars from this box, and also from another box of TEB08, have been very delicious. Why would this be an exception.

post-7691-0-38246300-1353774954_thumb.jp

Music: Frank Zappa's Ship Arriving Too Late To Save A Drowning Witch. Drink: Coke.

Cigar weight 8.48g. Colorado maduro wrapper. Firm elastic construction. Mild tobacco with a hint of chocolate as cold smell. Cutting with Palio. Pleasant firm draw. Cold draw gives flavours of sour tobacco and chili. Torching.

1/3 Rich tobacco with mild ginger. The tobacco has a bit smoked style. Existing flavours are mixed together so intensely that it's difficult to divide them to particular flavours. The result of mixing is one thick and rich flavour. Some round nuttiness.

2/3 Some mild chocolate and a hint of perfume on the background of spicy tobacco which continues until the end of the third.

3/3 Some cream. Mild black pepper. Now there's also some tannins. Spicy tobacco continues covered by a thin curtain of youth. Some chocolate in the very end. This time I didn't burn my fingers.

post-7691-0-29311900-1353774980_thumb.jp

Smoking time 0:55. Creamy sour tobacco as an aftertaste.

A basic cigar with absolutely no complexity. Medium body and flavour. This was maybe the worst cigar out of my TEB08 boxes, but still a good and definitely smokable one. Would have needed some years of sleep to be better though.

Thanks for reading.

• 2 months later...

I'm smoking a RASCC 12' from a HQ box I just received 2 days ago. Grabbed one that felt nice in the hand and it has a perfect draw just a tad of resistence. This cigar rocks. Med-full body straight away, rich tobacco, I notice a perfume taste also on the finish some may call it floral too, tad bit of spice/pepper to it. The back half went much darker, heavier, more spice through the nose, finish lengthens and just coats the mouth, now this is a cuban cigar with that twang to it that we all look for. I'm gonna try another in a couple weeks as they aclimate but these have nothing but promise to them. Id give it a solid 90 now and if they develop it could hit 94. I've only smoked one of these before and that was years ago, they seem so hard to come by now I'm glad I sprung for this box, it will be rewarding in spades. If you can find em and FOH has em in HQ buy em.

I've found the RASCC from 06 through 08 harsh & disappointing. Passed on them until the 2012s, which are fantastic fresh. Damn hard to find, though.

Totally agree with you on the 06-08. I haven't even opened the boxes I have! Obviously need to find fresh boxes.

Thanks for the review!

+1.

One boxe '07, one box '08, one box 2010: not a single good cigar out of 75.

I've smoked a 2012 yesterday, that gave me the impression that my favorite small cigar is back!

I'll be the dissenting voice and say that my 2010 RASSCs have been delicious....but I havnt had anything older than that. I've got lots of 2012 boxes I'm sitting on though....I can't wait to try those!

I'll be the dissenting voice and say that my 2010 RASSCs have been delicious....but I havnt had anything older than that. I've got lots of 2012 boxes I'm sitting on though....I can't wait to try those!

I agree since I smoked one out of your 2010 box yesterday. It was definitely on and thoroughly enjoyed.