Hello from L.A. (Lower Alabama)!

stogieluver

Hello to all! I'm so happy to find this forum. Found it with the help of Shlomo, a new friend of mine through another forum. I've been a serious cigar smoker for about ten years. Had the opportunity to travel to Cuba in October for a nine day trip through our local (Mobile, AL) Chamber of Commerce on a licensed "People to People" trip. Up until that trip, I never smoked a real CC. I smoked all I could while there and muled about 80 cigars (box of Monte 2's, box of Robaina Unico's, and about 30 other assorted) back with me. I'm hooked forever, and I want to start (slowly) building an aging inventory through a trusted site (thanks, Shlomo).

I have posted a couple of video's on Youtube from our trip of pictures taken and the La Casa del Habana in the Habana Libre hotel and a visit we had with a Cuban tobacco farmer. If interested, go to youtube and search for "stogieluver" and you should find the two video's. Boredom warning: the video of my pictures is almost 20 minutes. The video of the LCDH and tobacco farmer is shorter and more interesting, I think. My proudest moment of the trip was to visit with Carlos Robaina in his LCDH in Havana. I and my wife had our pictures taken with him and he autographed the box of Unico's I purchased from him. I will try to email that picture to this site for inclusion in the member snapshots.

I've read the forum rules and like what I see. I will hide and watch for a while, and I'll be respectful of the community and the owner.

Welcome to the forum, just like you and Shlomo I belong to that "other cigar forum" under a different screen name. There are more folks here just like us. Things are much more respectful here, and you will get to know a more international community. John

Welcome to the Friends of Habanos Cuban Cigar Forum.

All new members are encouraged to spend some time familiarising themself with the rules and guidelines of this forum.

Our mantra is Laughter, Friendship, Loyalty, and Fraternity.

Trevor

Howdy & Welcome!.....any referral of Shlomo's........is well, questionable.........so good luck with that!

Just Kidding, welcome!

Thanks to all for the kind welcoming words. I already feel at home. And I don't know who this Shlomo character is you all seem to be referring to. liar.gif

I placed my first order today and I can tell you I am really impressed with the service.

Again, thanks guys.