Troubling Signs for FOH....."The Figurados"

Wednesday night saw the C.U.N.T.A.S. Sydney splinter group....known as "The Figurados" hold their Christmas party at a great little wine bar in Darlinghurst called "Love Tilly Devine". Great location and better still ...it is only 50 metres from my hotel! spotlight.gif

The cell leader of the Figurados is one "Elie Maalouly" also known as "Elie the Magnificent" or "Elie the tongue" (see Pic below).

post-4-0-39474200-1355441891_thumb.jpg

Elie is a "high energy perfomer" within the Sydney Cigar Scene. Who can forget the night he chose wines for 6 of us .....only to see a $900 bill a few hours later rolleyes.gif

Unfortunately, Elie is not a "detail man"....given he forgot to organise any cigars, lighters or cutters for Wednesdays Christmas Cigar event rotfl.gif

A panicked phone call to myself the night prior at 10:30pm and I managed a cab of Ramon Allones Estupendos.

Still.....the lack of attention to detail had me worried. I am more worried post event.

The Sydney "Figurado's" group appears to resemble a meeting of Hezbollah. I have never seen so many Lebanese in my life.

post-4-0-03508500-1355442631_thumb.jpg

Very intelligently, they have added two chinese, a few aussies and a jewish lawyer to throw off the scent.

The patsies

post-4-0-05251300-1355442871_thumb.jpg

Crikey

post-4-0-00212600-1355443407_thumb.jpg

Lebathon

post-4-0-87173700-1355443792_thumb.jpg

It has become apparent that the influx of Lebanese members to Figurados and *****AS is in order to avoid police suspicion of lebanese men hanging together in groups larger than 5.

We are onto you Elie lol3.gif

I think the highlights of the night are:

- the huge turnout that have never came to other Figurados meeting before in the year.

- 90% of them are Lebanese (not that there is anything wrong with that) and are Elie's friends/cousins/family

- the lack of food (again!) that Prez and I went to the cocktail bar further up the road for a snack and drink, which offended Elie greatly...

- Elie "borrowing" my lighter, to have it never returned (I think this is revenge for going somewhere else and not inviting him along)

- Losing Elie when the wine bar closed, he was inside still (apparently)

- Going to supper with Prez and catching up

Can't wait for next year to do it all again.

- the huge turnout that have never came to other Figurados meeting before in the year.

- 90% of them are Lebanese (not that there is anything wrong with that) and are Elie's friends/cousins/family

- the lack of food (again!) that Prez and I went to the cocktail bar further up the road for a snack and drink, which offended Elie greatly...

- Elie "burrowing" my lighter, to have it never returned (I think this is revenge for going somewhere else and not inviting him along)

- Losing Elie went the wine bar closed

+ Elie collecting the money for the cigars......of which I have as yet not seen. I assume it is with your lighter rotfl.gif

+ Elie collecting the money for the cigars......of which I have as yet not seen. I assume it is with your lighter rotfl.gif

Elie way of collecting money (always the same):

- You give him the agreed amount

- Elie turns around

- Elie stating that you have not paid the full amount owed

- You stated that it was

- Important - You must leave promptly before he takes more money from you.

The above was when I was next to Kam as he paid Elie. On the previous said $900 night, I paid Elie my share and he took another $100 from me (only because we are mates).

Rob - Just cut your losses....

.. Oh dear? Sounds a bit like a splinter cell made up of that one mate we all have and his family artfully mooching off El Prez and friends. :P

.. Oh dear? Sounds a bit like a splinter cell made up of that one mate we all have and his family artfully mooching off El Prez and friends. tongue.png

The only way one can seperate them is witha crow bar!

- Elie "borrowing" my lighter, to have it never returned (I think this is revenge for going somewhere else and not inviting him along)

- Losing Elie when the wine bar closed, he was inside still (apparently)

At least we had a good supper after! Elie complained to me the next day, but you snooze, you lose!!

I didn't get back home until just before 4am, and finally nodded off close to 5am. A quick 3 hour nap and it was back to work for me.

Strange night for me, was tired, bit tipsy, nearly got ripped off a hundred bucks by some bloke in dodgy lane way, get home and decide to bake a cheese cake, went to sleep at 2am and then it was back to work for me.

and a huge thanks to Jason and Chris (Fuzz).

Di refers to them as her "Cherubs' tongue.png

Two more decent men you will not find on this earth. During the Sydney event we were both hungry and thirsty (for something different, drink wise) and so we wandered up the street to another bar.....ordered a few drinks and some food....gave the bartender a $50 deposit to take the drinks (glassware) back to the Figurados function. Brilliant strategy as we managed about 5 rounds of drinks from there....all glassware returned and $50 paid...which we of course used on last drinks biggrin.png

1am (or 2am ...I have no idea) and there was no talk of going home. These Chinese "Cherubs" insisted on going to "Supper" at Golden Century in Sydney Chinatown that doesn't close until 4am. What a great meal ...what great company!!!!!!!

I had another day in the warehouse following and was in bed by 3:45 am.

Wouldn't change a thing except next time I insist on paying!!!!

Cheers gents. Love you both!

El Pres.

post-4-0-07226800-1355458375_thumb.jpg

Always a pleasure Rob! Jase and I always grab some supper after a Figurados event... and Elie always misses out!! jester.gif

Actually, it was only just past midnight when we were locked out of the "Elie only party". By the time we got a table, ordered and tucked into supper it was 1am. 2 hours later I finally dropped you off back at your hotel! I was stuffed after eating that much. Jase, maybe next time we skip the crab and order more pipis.

Di, you have to insist that you come down with Rob!! sneaky.gif