Bilingualism, gone to the dogs.

Ok, so here in Canada we have a mostly French speaking province called Quebec. Therefore, Canada has two official languages (French & English). It is mostly necessary to deliver services to taxpayers and more importantly, it facilitates the ordering of Montreal smoked meat sandwiches. :lol:

But here's a new twist on things. Bilingual dogs. :rolleyes:

Our tax money hard at work Frank...no wonder we fiscally the worst province in canada...smh...But you do love our smoked meat and our indoor smoking lounges...as long as I have that i'm good!

Love the Quebec woman, food, culture, architectures, historic sites etc but the politicians in Quebec are among the most crooked, corrupt, and idiotic fools we have going. Quebec is the poorest and biggest welfare province in the entire country. They spend way more of social programs then they can possibly fund and they have the highest tax rates in the country. I would not want to live there.

My father's side of the family is French Canadian and a lot of them cannot speak English. Those that can, for the most part, can't say more than a few words here and there. I see and understand why Quebec has language laws and what not because they are trying to keep their identity and culture. But this bilingual dog thing is beyond absurd; in fact it is right up there on the list of stupidest things I've heard come out of that province. Sort of like that doctor who murdered his two children and now four years later is found to be no longer be mentally ill and is being released .... only in Quebec.

I took another look because I couldn't believe this was legit .... and it is just satire ;) The things is that it is so crazy in Quebec it is totally believable!

Meh living in montreal is not that bad...food, women, culture, indoor cigar lounges, everyone speaks english...I always order food in english just to annoy the french police lol. If it were not for montreal, I would not live in this province thats for sure.

My personal opinion is that if you can't speak French or English you have no business in this country. If you can't speak French you shouldn't live in Quebec.

... Sort of like that doctor who murdered his two children and now four years later is found to be no longer be mentally ill and is being released .... only in Quebec.

Phil, just because you appear to be in SUCH a GOOD mood ;):P , I thought I'd add more fuel to your fire....

That doctor?

Not out in four years.... He was found "not criminally responsible" in early 2011, and ordered into psychiatric care then.

Out after only a YEAR AND A HALF.

:D

Phil, just because you appear to be in SUCH a GOOD mood wink.pngtongue.png , I thought I'd add more fuel to your fire....

That doctor?

Not out in four years.... He was found "not criminally responsible" in early 2011, and ordered into psychiatric care then.

Out after only a YEAR AND A HALF.

biggrin.png

I thought is found "not criminally responsible" in early 2011 but I thought he killed his kids around four years ago. It's crazy ... the topic of justice vs rehabilitation is a tricky one. Lately I have found myself more on the side of rehabilitation ... no point in keeping someone locked up if they are ready to rejoin society and not commit more crimes. Then this story breaks out ... he killed his kids. What happens if he has another 'bad day' and decides to flip his ****. Regardless of what the experts say I do not think he should have been let out. He killed his kids and now he wants to restart his medical practise.

On a side note I will be in a better mood when all this Xmas **** is done and over with for another year.

I enjoy my visits to Montreal and English is rarely a problem. Really like Quebec City but there it is mostly French.

I also enjoy your visits to montreal and enjoying a cigar with you. HOpefully you'll make it back here soon!