Montreal Herf 2013. Mark this date on your calendars! ****UPDATED 2013/01/10****

Attention to All! This is the announcement you've all been waiting

for...MONTREAL HERF 2013!

This year`s event will be held on March 9th 2013. There will be a

pre-herf dinner (yes we will make sure to have steak on the menu this

year) then the actual Herf will take place on the private floor of

Stogies Cigar Bar. Raffle and auction will be held to raise funds for

The Nicaraguan Children's Feeding Mission yet again.

We will also do a pre-herf on Friday March 8th for anyone coming into

town on that day. Locations, hotel rates and prices still to be

determined, but we are trying to work on something special...stay

tuned!

Last year’s event was a great success, I think everyone had a blast

and we raised money for a great cause. We would love to have a great

turnout from our Ottawa and Toronto brothers once again.

What we would like to know is the following in order to help with the

logistics to plan this event:

-Are the dates good for you?

-Will you be planning on Saturday only or Friday and Saturday

-Will you be attending the dinner and the herf or herf only?

Please reply in this thread, if you have any questions you can address

them here or via PM to myself or Strada (Simon)

We are very excited about what is in store for this year and we hope

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make it the 15th so I can celebrate my 30th birthday with youse guyses

Ill probably be there with Jace

Just come on the 9th and we'll celebrate a week early!

Montreal...a beautiful city...but in March...sounds rather cold.

It actually starts to warm up in march...wont be as bad as last year when we held it in january...

no keep it the 9th thats the week of my spring break from school so it actually works out perfectly for me

no keep it the 9th thats the week of my spring break from school so it actually works out perfectly for me

dont worry Jace, its staying the 9th. kidnap your cousin and drag him here...I doubt you'll get much resistance from him anyways!

Mine is the 2nd yours is 15th do it in the middle and blow it up!!!!

I'm 80% good for this. It will likely be sans wife (is there any other way?!?!?), and I'll have to wait to positively confirm attendance for myself, as I'll be back in Halifax during this timeline. So, I just have to wait to see my work schedule - if I'm not working, I'll still likely be okay, as I have a ton of vacation time to use up before the end of March.

Whatever the staying arrangements (I'm presuming deals at the Square Phillips again?), I'd just request a roomie to share the cost with. Ask Simon - I'm clean and....reciprocal. LOL. But I'll be either flying or driving from Halifax, which will depend on work schedule and time available for travel, but I'll be planning for both the Friday and the Saturday.

And something else to add.

It was a great time last year, with some great funds raised for an excellent cause. But I for one would like to ask for two caveats:

Firstly, that whatever venues things are taking place at, that we have somewhat of a private party arrangement. Last year, with other people from the general public, and the size of our group, things were just way too smokey and congested, which made it hard to actually enjoy the cigars. I realize that was no one's fault, or anything like that, and things just happened that way. But if some sort of arrangement could be made to better this situation, that would be just an awesome and huge improvement.

And secondly, that when we in the Toronto group host the Toronto MegaHerf III, that BOTL's from La Belle Province put their money where their mouth is and show up down our ways as well, unlike last year. There's lots of time to plan and save. We had a blast in Montreal at last year's herf, but it was a bit disheartening for Montreal to only attend via.....Riaz. biggrin.png We'd love to see more down our ways for us to host and share the vibe of our area as well.

I'd therefore like to challenge the Montreal crowd to have at least a 1/2 dozen attending our herf later on next year, in reciprocity (as long as we have that amount equally attending this event of yours). And if you beat that number, I myself will throw in an extra $100 to the charitable contributions flat out, aside from any other money raised.

with quality waitresses according to the guys that went there beforeinnocent.gif

Some of the worst service I've ever had actually; hard to blame the wait staff too much because they appeared understaffed but I was never once asked if I wanted to order a drink.

The 9th works for me; the date is in my calendar and I plan on attending. For dinner I am going to wait and see what the prices are like before committing to anything. Same goes for a room, I will probably just drive down and back on the same day but will wait to see what prices are like before putting anything in stone.

Not nearly as expensive as the T.O. herf boys! Not all of us have hordes and hordes of aged Dunhills, RA 898s and Cohibas and can't all afford to spend $500+ on a single night!

Oh please $500? If you're driving, you split some gas. A train ride is around $100 round trip. Hotel about $100/each if you do double occupancy. Set aside $150 to cover food/booze.

So....

• Hotel: $100
  • Train: $100
  • Food/booze: $150.

Total:$350. (less if you drive, and bunk 3 - 4 people to a hotel room)

Spending time in the awesome city of Toronto in summer, herfing away in a genuine Cuban owned establishment? PRICELESS!! :P:lol::ok: