The Top 25 Cigars of 2012

Alright, it's nearing that time of year, when a certain magazine picks their "Top 25" of the year and all Internet cigar forums whip themselves into a bloody froth. :lol:

So, let's hear some opinions. What 2012 releases do you think will make it into this most coveted list? Let's stick to Cubans for the most part. Feel free to list any exceptional NC's too.

And we're off!! :)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put zero faith in the opinion of CA. Past top 25 Cuban cigars were not of the same production year as the year of the top 25. Examples from 2011:

4. Psp 2, march 2011 box

8. Punch dc, June 2010

15. HDM dc, July 2010

21. HU #2, April 2009

That being said my guess is any Cuban on the list will be a large rg. Alec Bradley Prensado, really????

I'll chime in too. I'll take a guess on Cubans only. Given the releases are few I will go with.

So in order of likeliness.

• Montecristo 520
  • Cohiba Piramides (somewhat similar to the BHK52 stats. Released in the "judging" year, high end Cuban, etc)
  • H Upmann Royal Robusto. These get a lot of love.
  • Partagas Serice C No 3. EL 2012. (you never know)

And my longshot pick.

• Romeo y Julieta Reserva Cosecha 2008 (I wouldn't put it past them to have smoked it and get behind a push for eventual release) rolleyes.gif

I agree, I think it will be cohiba pyramides (never smoked one but read great reviews) or 1966 (my standout cigar of the year personally...even though I dont think I even smoked 25 cigars in 2012 lol!) I feel that somehow Robaina Unicos and or RASS and or PSD4 should make the top 25 at the minimum.

For me personally i've been loving the mag 46, BPC, rass, psd4 and unicos this year. As for NC's, i'd give a nod to four kicks corona gorda's...they are very good cigars with some twang to it, and a fuente anejo something with a dark wrapper that was very good.

I put zero faith in the opinion of CA. Past top 25 Cuban cigars were not of the same production year as the year of the top 25. Examples from 2011:

4. Psp 2, march 2011 box

8. Punch dc, June 2010

15. HDM dc, July 2010

21. HU #2, April 2009

That being said my guess is any Cuban on the list will be a large rg. Alec Bradley Prensado, really????

What are Vegas odds that there won't be any long skinnies (CC) this year? Actually, I don't think a Vegas sports book would offer a bet on such a lock.

The Trini Reyes from this year and also SP Belis ive enjoyed. As for limited releases, royal robusto, 520, 1966, Piramides, etc... All been brilliant smokes.

Its a 2011. No chance it makes it on that mag's list for 2012.

As a matter of fact, has any EL or RE ever been on the list?

True..however they did review it in the Feb issue of this year , giving 94 so it should be in the mix. An EL from 2011 is not going to be the cigar of the year though. That said I hope we are wrong.

Talking to people it seems that whoever pays that rag the most advertising money gets the highest spot on their list?

Its a 2011. No chance it makes it on that mag's list for 2012.

As a matter of fact, has any EL or RE ever been on the list?

Gosh darn it Shlomo you get my frilly knickers in such a twist with your negatives posts, by gee willikers sake stop making my sunshine put his sunglasses on. Sorry for the bad language.

nyah.gif

This is a no brainer. Milton Bradley makes at least 3 of the top 10 every year. Then 2 spaces go to Poodermo, 1 to Rocky Pootel and Pete Johnson will scoop up at lease 5 spots in the top 25. Arturo Fuente is good for at least 3 - in Anejo, Opus and Hemingway then count on Ashton for at least 2. That's 16. Add maybe 5 CC's - they cannot advertise and frustrate the Americans. Last 4 for assorted NC's - Brickhouse etc.

My 2 cents.

Just read the review they put up on the Upmann RR which in my opinion is my favorite 2012 release.

First commnet: "Cuban cigars are getting fatter"... really that is the best opening line they can come up with.

Like DSG i haven't smoked enough 2012 stuff to make a decision. Not even close. As for NCs, Fuente 858 and Short Story, while plain old cigars that have been around a long time, always deliver the goods and never dissapoint. Cigars like that need to be in the top lists.

Oh this is what happens, remember they have a system thats based on consistency (from year to year the results are consistently.. inconsistent), or so they say.