The Top 25 Cigars of 2012

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had one....not memorable. It's amazing what all those double-paged ads gets you.

Yep agree. Couple of more spots for cubans in the remaining 15 . But not many Vegas Robania Unico, Sir Winston, and probably a double corona, maybe a Trinidad Fundadores.

Yep agree. Couple of more spots for cubans in the remaining 15 . But not many Vegas Robania Unico, Sir Winston, and probably a double corona, maybe a Trinidad Fundadores.

You would think the VR Unicos would garner a spot, since CA rated it a 94 in one of the summer issues...

You would think the VR Unicos would garner a spot, since CA rated it a 94 in one of the summer issues...

Yep..had a couple of nice sticks, but post was based on that score from that particular edition ..smile.png

This is a no brainer. Milton Bradley makes at least 3 of the top 10 every year. Then 2 spaces go to Poodermo, 1 to Rocky Pootel and Pete Johnson will scoop up at lease 5 spots in the top 25. Arturo Fuente is good for at least 3 - in Anejo, Opus and Hemingway then count on Ashton for at least 2. That's 16. Add maybe 5 CC's - they cannot advertise and frustrate the Americans. Last 4 for assorted NC's - Brickhouse etc.

My 2 cents.

For me I don't pay any attention to magazines or the professional reviewers like Mr suckling. For me they are too close to the industry and too open to conflicts of interest.

So for me the best cigars are those that are consistently suggested by normal people across multiple forums that are independent

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

Had that Pepin cigar today. Guys at shop were discussing it so I decided to try it out.

Nice wrapper. Good oils present. Loose draw following the clip. Decent opening flavors. Roasted nuts. Cocoa. A touch of cream. Not the pepper bomb I was expecting.

I enjoyed the first third though the draw was far too loose for my liking. About half way through, I started to get quite bored. Zero flavor progression. Pitched the final third and poured myself a stiff drink. I don't use a rating scale but I would say 87-88 if pressed. Not bad. Probably won't smoke another.

This cigar followed a Partagas Seleccion Privada.

Honestly it was doomed from jump.

Cheers